Free camping near Blythe CA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank B

We are in the Quartzsite area at the moment. Some years ago I thought I saw a post here saying that there was some free random camping in the area north of Blythe California. I cannot find that post, nor can I find any information about that sort of camping. Was I imagining it? Is there any free random desert camping around Blythe?

If not, we will stay where we are. However, I'm always interested in looking at different spots.

Frank.

Hello.  I am a follower of RV Sue and her Canine Crew Blog...http://rvsueandcrew.net/ .  She is in Blythe now.  You may want to read her blog, then reply and ask questions.  I do hope you find the information you are looking for. 

Thanks to both of you for the VERY prompt replies! We are headed there now, truck only, to check them out. Tks!

Let us know how you get on. I'm interested to see how the freecampsites.net pans out as we've not used it yet, but plan to.

If you head north on Lovekin Ave. it becomes Midland Rd., crosses the railroad tracks and heads up the bluff.  Past the model plane airport is the Midland LTVA - not free, $40 for up to 2 weeks.  They have a dump station and trash bins but no water.

If you're going to attend the RV Forum Quartzsite Rally next week the same 14 day pass is good in both places.

There's lots of free camping across the river on the south side of the freeway starting just east of the Flying J truck stop.  But I think I'd rather pay the $40 and stay in the LTVA.

jackiemac said:
Let us know how you get on. I'm interested to see how the freecampsites.net pans out as we've not used it yet, but plan to.

We used that freecampsites.net last summer several times(not in Cali).  Found some really nice city parks that allow camping for  either free or minimal cost(like $5/night).

Old_Crow said:
We used that freecampsites.net last summer several times(not in Cali).  Found some really nice city parks that allow camping for  either free or minimal cost(like $5/night).
Great thanks for that  ;D

Thanks again, all. We have a place already S of Quartzite, but we're just looking for some other options. We went to the Midland LTVA, and it is not crowded, but perhaps not as nice as what we already have. I think we will stay where we are until we're ready to move on. I'm glad I went to have a look, just the same.

Thanks again!

Frank.

I like the Blythe LTVA.  It's close to town and services but at night it gets absolutely dead quiet.  One night I was sitting outside when the water heater on the other side of the RV came on.  I started looking around for the low flying jet.

It's the only place where it's been so quiet I could actually hear the blood flowing through my ears.

Lou:

It's close to town and services but at night it gets absolutely dead quiet.

Betcha it is quieter and darker where we are! ?. My fridge burner sounds like that jet. ?

That sort of boondocking is what we crave. There are few truly quiet places left in N America anymore, and virtually none that are truly dark at night. We still see the glow of Phoenix to the east, Yuma to the south, and Quartzite to the North.  However, it's not bad.

We set up about 8 days ago, and took the trailer to town today to empty and refill tanks. Not sure how much longer we will stay here, but we're not tired of the quiet yet.
Sorry for the mixed fonts, but Chrome on a tablet does not work that well with the forum software. (Though I may have been able to edit it out)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom