The Most Beautiful Places in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dara

What are some of the most beautiful NATURAL and SCENIC places you've visited in the US ?  I know personally I loved Sedona, AZ and on up to Flagstaff.  It has the most beautiful natural rock formations and forest areas.  The view as you drive into town when you crest over the hill is stunning!  89A was a great road, but I see that being a challenge with some big rigs.  I personally love any place with waterfalls and streams.  The other places (besides the Grand Canyon) in AZ were great too like Prescott and further north on the drive up towards Page.  Please share your experiences...

I spent ten years full timing in the USA spending most of my time in the National Parks and they are hard to beat for pure beauty. Here is my top ten:

Yosemite
Grand Canyon
Zion
Bryce Canyon
Grand Tetons
Yellowstone
Joshua Tree
Death Valley
North Cascades
Channel Islands

God created Yosemite so he would have a place to take a vacation.

SeilerBird said:
Obviously you have never been to Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Kansas.... ???

I would rather spend a month in a wheat field in Kansas, than a day in NYC...

Northern Vermont in the Fall.
Ozarks in the early Spring.
Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the Winter
Crater Lake in the Summer

Terry A. Brewer said:
I would rather spend a month in a wheat field in Kansas, than a day in NYC...

first of all I'm not talking about big cities, even though NYC has it's own type of architectural beauty. 

There is more to the East of the Mississippi than just NYC.  :-\    you're missing out on a whole section of the US.  LOL

anyway moving on...BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE.

I don't know about "most" beautiful but a few of mine and my wife's favorite places to visit for their beauty are:

Ouray, CO
Yellowstone NP (West Yellowstone in particular)
Glacier NP (Kalispell/Columbia Falls area and into Libby area)
Arches NP (Moab in general)
Bryce NP
Capitol Reef NP
Monument Valley

Mike.

SeilerBird said:
Obviously you have never been to Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Kansas.... ???
Texas has the Gulf coast and Palo Duro Canyon. Oklahoma has the Quachita mountains and the Talimena drive plus the beauty of winter wheat fields blowing in the wind. Nebraska has the sand hills area plus the Missouri River. Kansas has the same beauty of the fields plus the south eastern cave areas. Watching an afternoon storm blow up across the plains is an amazing sight!

In summary, I never found a state without beauty. Some places are more dramatic than others, but there is beauty all around us.

I've been traveling around the country for 60 of my 66 years. When I was 5, I rode across country with my dad when we moved from Northern Virginia to Los Angeles. That trip began my love of travelling and finding new places to see, and things to do.
And I found that no matter what area, or state you are in, there are places of beauty and wonderful things to see.

I do hope this thread grows and avoids becoming a place to talk down anywhere in this wonderful country.

SeilerBird said:
I spent ten years full timing in the USA spending most of my time in the National Parks and they are hard to beat for pure beauty. Here is my top ten:

Yosemite
Grand Canyon
Zion
Bryce Canyon
Grand Tetons
Yellowstone
Joshua Tree
Death Valley
North Cascades
Channel Islands

God created Yosemite so he would have a place to take a vacation.

My top ten include 8 of yours.  I haven't see North Cascades or the Channel Islands yet, so my substitutes for those two would probably be Monument Valley and Mesa Verde.

You are absolutely 110% correct about Yosemite.  I've been going there since I was 12, I have a son that's been working there in the high camps for 4 years.  This year he just got on with the NPS working there.  I'm so jealous of him I could spit.

Old_Crow said:
My top ten include 8 of yours.  I haven't see North Cascades or the Channel Islands yet, so my substitutes for those two would probably be Monument Valley and Mesa Verde.

You are absolutely 110% correct about Yosemite.  I've been going there since I was 12, I have a son that's been working there in the high camps for 4 years.  This year he just got on with the NPS working there.  I'm so jealous of him I could spit.
North Cascades is on the list not just for beauty but for solitude. Most people have never even heard of it and very few people from Washington state even know it is in their state. Channel Islands is on the list because I used to do a lot of scuba diving there. The diving there is better than the diving in Hawaii and on par with diving in the Caribbean. The only problem is you need a thick wetsuit which turns off a lot of divers.

I have always said that everything in Utah south of I-70 and east of I-15 should be one large National Park. I always feel guilty leaving Arches, Capitol Reef and Canyonlands off the list.

Howdy,

We aren't that traveled yet, but our favorites so far are:
1) Mojave National Preserve
2) Grand Canyon
3) Sedona

Cheers,
--
  Vall & Mo

Back
Top Bottom