Need Some Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakebank

Ok I really want to get a used jet ski.  The ones I'm looking at are about 9' long and weigh about 400 pounds.  They are light enough that two people could lift it into the bed of my truck.  But here is the problem.  I have a Quad Cab Dakota and the bed is only 5.25' long.  I pull a tent trailer and so I couldn't just get a trailer for it cuz I couldn't pull both at the same time.  I'm thinking I could take my tailgate off and just strap the jet ski in and I should be ok to pull the trailer but I dont know.  Anyone have any ideas.  I dont really have someone else that has a truck to pull my trailer or jet ski so taking two vehicle really isn't an option.  I'm only twenty and so I dont have the cash to go and buy a new truck or something like that I need suggestions on the setup I have.

Jake,

400 lbs is light for a jetski. Ours weighs closer to 800 lbs.

Maybe there's an extension you could get that would fit between the receiver and the ball to put the trailer further back. I'll let our trailer/towing experts weigh in on this.

Well i'm 6'5 230 and my brother is 6'4 220 so between the two of us 400 pounds would probably be ok.  Ha ha.  The dry weight listed on it is 390 lbs.  I realize with gas and other fluids in it it will weight more. 

Back
Top Bottom