Millenicom Hot Spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom Hoffman

We fired up our new Hot Spot from Millenicom for the first time enroute to Yuma and we are out in the middle of Kansas right now and it is proving to be Lightening fast.  I was a customer of theirs prior to their sale to Verizon.  I like them but not Verizon but when they were bought out you just had to go with it.

Verizon was obscenely expensive.

Millenicom's new program let you roll over unused data to the next month and free streaming of certain media packages like Amazon Movies and others I believe although I have not tried it yet.

Their Customer service is like before.  They are there and can be reached easily. 

WOW what a difference to most other Non Service and infamous circular phone death spiral companies.

"T" Mobile

Now a dose of reality: :(

After two days of lightening speed.  Today we are in Tucumcari and the performance is less than stellar. 

Tom...

Bummer, Tom... I dropped a T-Mobile unlimited 4G/LTE plan when I found their coverage and performance made it pretty much useless in too many locations that we frequent, even with help from our Max Amp RV booster. Our current Verizon and AT&T plans serve us nicely, and with the Max Amp we have not yet found a location where we didn't have service and good data speeds.

We move to the KOA in Tucumcari as I called ahead toi Las Cruces and the nice lady warned us of HIGH WIND ADVISORY so we went to the KOA and speeds here are again exceptional, we'll be leaving bright and early tomorrow AM down Hwy 56 for Sunny Acres RV Park in Las Cruces.

UPDATE:  After having great service and phenominal speed on our HotSpot,  We finally arrived in Yuma where according to millenicoms Coverage map we would have good service, only to find out that we had almost NO coverage what so ever, and the after having only used it for about 9 days 4 of which were in Yuma with speeds so slow or non existent we were one day from the end of the month only to get an EMail from T-Mobil telling us we some how magically used up our whole 18 Gigs in 9 days 3 of which we had virtually NO SIGNAL AT ALL.

I called Millenicom and they agreed with me that at most we had used 8 Gigs total for the 9 days.  They told me later that many of their customers got the same email from T-Mobil.  I haven't heard how it is going to shake out yet, but I got the impression that there was going to be some serious discussion with the provider  T-Mobil.

Long story shortened.  Virtually no Millenicom service in Yuma.  We had to go to Varizon.  Luckily we still had our old Verizon HotSpot and it worked still.

How did it work in Q may I ask, or did you go to Q (Quartsite)

The reason I ask is my coverage is also T-mobile.. I've never had an overage issue though.  The account is "Unlimited low speed, limited high speed)  I can tell you It's great when it works.

Alas. where I'm sitting now.. It don't work  but the park Wi-Fi is almost working.

This is true of most of my traveles.. I either get Park Wi-Fi, or T-Mobile but to date never both.> This may change when I get back to MI this summer.

Haven't been to Q.  We just head to Yuma and stay put.  I really don't like pulling a trailer any more and may end up leaving it here.

Tom...

Back
Top Bottom