6-passenger crew cab trucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronniebellie

My wife and I will need a 6-passenger crew cab truck to pull our 5th wheel, either a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton. Which brands have space for 6 adults?

The big 3 make trucks that meet your needs, pick the one your wife likes best. Ram offers two versions, crew cab and mega cab. Our crew cab rear seat is fine for short trips but at 6' I wouldn't want to spend all day back there. The mega cab is roomier but is only available with the standard 6 1/2' box which may or may not be an issue for you.

ronniebellie said:
My wife and I will need a 6-passenger crew cab truck to pull our 5th wheel, either a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton. Which brands have space for 6 adults?
I suggest forgetting 3/4 ton, it limits what you can LEGALLY pull or haul too much. In fact I hate to suggest it but look seriously at dual rear wheel setups.

Ken

K_graham said:
I suggest forgetting 3/4 ton, it limits what you can LEGALLY pull or haul too much. In fact I hate to suggest it but look seriously at dual rear wheel setups.

Ken

X2.

I'm on my 5th DRW. If you go with a DRW.. and down the road you go to a bigger FW or TT you'll Still have enough truck.

It's happened to us.. three times, in our years of RV'n.

The truck cabs often have a front seat option for the front seat. They can have a center so that only two people can sit in front, or they can have seating for three in front.

Joel

Keep in mind that the center-front seat will be marginally comfortable at best. Mine is an extended cab - I specifically bought one with 6-passenger seating so our two girls could each bring along a friend on camping trips. It's fine for a kid or a small adult for a couple of hours but really no more than that. I still like the option of having that 6th seat but I would not subject anyone to a 6 hour drive in it!

X2 That center seat would be fine for a child but quite uncomfortable for an adult passenger. The driver would get tired of the restricted movement. You really want a Suburban and a tt for that number of people.

Trades men dodge still comes with front and rear bench seats.  Most up level truck have gone to front bucket seats

RoyM said:
The big 3 make trucks that meet your needs, pick the one your wife likes best. Ram offers two versions, crew cab and mega cab. Our crew cab rear seat is fine for short trips but at 6' I wouldn't want to spend all day back there. The mega cab is roomier but is only available with the standard 6 1/2' box which may or may not be an issue for you.
[/quote
On the new Ram the rear seating is the same on the crew & mega cabs. The difference is the mega cab has storage behind the seat and the crew cab doesn't.

OutdoorFT said:
Depending on size adults. My F350 crew cab could fit 4 average size in the back, squished, but fit.

But you do not have 4 sets of seat belts.

Rickf1985 said:
But you do not have 4 sets of seat belts.
Which are not required for adults in back seat. However, find me a crew cab pick up truck with 6 seatings, comfortably, with seatbelts to match.

They wont find one, is the general consensus.

Back
Top Bottom