5'er: thru centre wet area or side entry wet area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian

Should the wet area (toilet, shower, handbasin) be all in the one area with a side entry through to the bedroom, or should it be a split area with a central entry through to the bedroom?
No I don't have an RV and it could be some till I get one. I'm just wondering about a feature that I have noticed on the Titanium range, and it might be on other makes and models too.
If you take a look at the attached floor plans you will see the two different styles they have used. To me I much prefer the side entry style, mostly because it keeps all the wet area together and door shut still maintains privacy even if somebody wants to go to and from the bedroom.
But what would it be like in practice? Which style do you have / prefer in your 5'er?

BTW, I like the kitchen on the 34 footer, that looks very nice to me but hey, I'm not the one who be spending much time in there. Any thoughts on that design?
Full features can be found here:
Titanium 34'
Titanium 36'

Attachments

• titanium_34E39RE08.jpg
    titanium_34E39RE08.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 12
  • titanium_36E41NEW08_000.jpg
    titanium_36E41NEW08_000.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 12
I'm not sure one is better than the other, it is really a matter of preference.  In our previous 5er we had everything located in the same area.  In our new Cardinal (got it last summer) they are separate.  We like the toilet being separate and it allows one person to use the toilet, while the other uses the basin or shower if necessary.  :)

Our previous unit had the shower was on one side, sink on the other, and potty in its own cubby. Was OK, but the downside was the the 'wet' side was only separated from the bedroom by a sliding curtain. In our new unit, the 'wet' area is in it's own space and has doors from both the bedroom and hall. We still have the sliding curtain, but it is only to close the hall off from the bedroom. The separate bathroom was the main reason we traded. Like it much better, but as mentioned, it's personal preference as they both work. We frequently had folks visit and it was inconvient to have to continually open and close the sliding curtain, plus we now have additional windows in the hall so now the nose area isn't as dark as it was in the old unit.

Larry

It's kinda nice to have a setup so that when one is showering or pooping, the other can be putting on makeup and curling her hair.  ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom