Downsizing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yolo

March 1, 2016 we sold our second 40' diesel pusher.  We had traveled to 48 states (didn't make Alaska) and 9 Canadian provinces.  We figured that we were done with RVing.  We delivered the RV to the Maryland buyer from Florida.

All done with RVing...  I got sick (Ulcerative Colitis) and almost died in the summer.  Had my colon removed and am all new.  Got to thinking that we could do some of the state parks and do some traveling in the summer.

Bought a Coachmen 21QB and a Smart car toad.  We started with a Smart Car with out first 40' unit and decided that it was too small for 6 or 7 months on the road.  Well it seems to be just right to pull behind a small class C RV.

We have already hit a couple of state parks (Hard to do in Florida in the winter when all the snow birds got reservations 11 months ago).  Our plan is to do a 3 or 4 thousand mile trip this summer.

Missing stacked washer/dryer, king sized bed, bath and a half, satellite service with dvr, residential refrigeration, automatic levelers, slide out rooms, diesel engine, etc, etc.

I think that we will have a good time and survive.

Never wanted to be the 85 year old rv'er, but may get there (71 now).

We will see how it goes. 
Saving some money, RV and toad are about 1/6th the value of the old set up.  The gasser gets 10 mpg while the old diesels got 7.5 to 8 mpg.

Glad your health has improved and you are going out to enjoy life, that's what it's all about. Safe travels :D

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, BILL!
You are being the "poster child" of RVing! After what you have been through and still wanting to hit the road at 71, I bow to you!
Best of health and happy trails.

Back
Top Bottom