"Lemon" experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronniebellie

Has anyone out there bought a "lemon" 5th wheel? Describe your lemon experience please. My wife and I are planning on buying a 5th wheel and we want to be aware of what to look for.

My advice. When you do find the one. Check every system, every outlet, every bulb and gadget. Don not be pressured into accepting the dealers word that "it works". Check yourself.
Examples. We bought a 2 yr old fifth wheel from Camping World in Tampa. The unit has a water heater that runs on gas or electric. They had powered up the systems for us. The water was hot, we took there word the elec and gas worked. Well the electric side does not work. The gas works fine. We were outright deceived. And, have no way to get them to fix it. Also, the oven does not work, I thought if the burners worked, Wrong.
Best of luck.

We bought a lemon. A brand new Forest River trailer.

Unfortunately no matter what you find at the walk through, you'll miss the stuff that will go wrong when you start to use it.
I built two houses from the ground up, including doing the electrical and the plumbing and thought we would be in good shape.
But within the first two months in it things started to go wrong. right now I am waiting for a new water pump.
Also another pipe connection came apart yesterday.

As far as I am concerned it is the luck of the draw ! (no matter what any one else tells you)

Jack L

Depends on your definition of a "lemon" ... if you mean to ask, "Is there one RV brand that it terrible and nobody should buy?"  The answer is no... if there was, they sure wouldn't be in business very long.  If you mean to ask, "Is there an RV out there that could be a constant headache to own?"  Then definitely yes!  And to avoid that experience relies mostly on you (the buyer) doing your homework, to learn what to look for when buying.

Budget/floorplan/condition will be more important factors than year/make/model when it comes to buying any RV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom