Cable Not Working on Main TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

530ktm

Had this problem last year but since we do not watch much tv I left it alone. Now we are living in this coach for a few months and the main tv will not receive cable channels even when the Winegard is selected properly. I got the bedroom tv to scan and receive channels but nothing for the front main. I got a different cable and hooked directly from tv to the cable coming into the box and now it works perfectly. It appears somewhere the cable is broken or malfunctioning between each other and it would be very difficult to try and find where this is happening. So I have just run new cable and done some hiding in areas and left some slack for the slide when coming in and out for now. I am not sure this ever worked properly but it sure is strange that a cable just does not work. Anyone have this happen before or have any input?

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Look in the Winnebago and Chassis Resources topic near the top of this board. There will be a bunch of links to various resources, click on the one for wiring diagrams. Look up your model year and then download the diagram for your TV wiring. You should be able to trace out the coax or see how it's all hooked up.

John Canfield said:
Look in the Winnebago and Chassis Resources topic near the top of this board. There will be a bunch of links to various resources, click on the one for wiring diagrams. Look up your model year and then download the diagram for your TV wiring. You should be able to trace out the coax or see how it's all hooked up.
Thanks John, this did solve my problem but these diagrams are very informative. 

Rene T said:
Glad to see it's fixed. What was the problem?
I need to do a better job of proof reading before I click the send button. I meant to say this did not solve my problem but the diagrams are very informative. The only thing I can think of is that the cable is broken somewhere in the dark bowels of the coach. I bypassed the box thinking the box is bad and hooked directly to cable coming in and it does not work. Hook up the new cable and things work great. I put a splitter in line and run a cable to the box so the other tv's will work and all is good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom