Questions about Baja

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SilvrT

Done some searching here and have found quite a bit of info so far but a lot of it was older so thought I'd just start a new thread and post my questions.

It appears a place called "Pete's Camp" north of San Felipe is quite popular.

Is this still the general consensus from those who've been there recently?

Also, any issues, things to be concerned about, safety & security related that one needs to consider before travelling into the Baja.  I know there are lot's of "horror stories" but what is it really like NOW?

We figure we might be there December this year or January next year.

We'll be hauling a 33' 5th wheel and would probably cross at Mexicali.

Thanks for any info.

I used to fly to Baja routinely for work back in the late 70's, really liked it along with the people. Always thought there would be a day I'd retire and explore the US, Canada and Mexico by motorhome. No more, Mexico is off the list. I have yet to find an area that hasn't had some sort of issue, including a shootout in the Rocky Point area which has been popular for years.

I figure if safety in an area even crosses my mind I oughta be looking elsewhere. Just me, maybe I'm a wimp.

Just found this .... interesting!

http://www.bajainsider.com/article/mexico-travel-warning-perspective

Travel in the day, Rubens camp, Pete's Camp, Rancho Percebu. bring your own drinking water, bug spray, stomach flu/heartburn relief and fill up your fuel before exiting the states and get your insurance and or tourist permit if needed. know where you are going and route. lock up your stuff as you would anywhere else. be friendly and confident and have fun, tons of american tourism still with the racing community, retirees and visitors.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom