Accessing back of TV in 2011 Access Premium 31NP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panthercity

Got a Tailgater Dish receiver and antenna for Christmas. Should be easy install, right? Plug-n-play, right?

Well, if I could figure out how to get to the backside of the TV:

And/or the backside of the Box-o-Buttons:

(Apologies for the shaky photo.)

Anybody got any hints on this?

Attachments

• 31579035934_3a712e6934_o.jpg
    31579035934_3a712e6934_o.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 32301315241_b51447232a_o.jpg
    32301315241_b51447232a_o.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 22
That switch box is probably held down by some industrial hook and loop, on my Horizon I had to pull some of the cabinetry apart to release it. No problem though, it was part of a TV upgrade. As far as the TV, call Winnebago Owner Relations and ask them.

One thing I discovered is the TV/video stuff is NOT designed for easy owner access.  ::)

Panthercity,
There is probably a co-ax connection for a satellite antenna in the area where your power cord is stored. The cable from the antenna would connect there. In your first picture, there are two co-ax connectios. One of those goes to where you connect the antenna.  This is where you connect the receiver to the antenna.  There should be some other cables -- probably those I see in your first picture,  laying coiled up in the bottom of the cabinet.  These would plug into the back of the receiver,. They go to the selector box. You will also need to find a place to plug in the power cord for your receiver. It looks like both 120 vac receptacles are occupied. A switched convenience strip will be handy, as you'll frequently need to disconnect power to your receiver.
Just basing this on my previous experience with Winnebago and not your particular model.  Hope it helps.

ChasA said:
...There is probably a co-ax connection for a satellite antenna in the area where your power cord is stored. ..
That might depend on the model and if it's labeled Cable TV or Sat. If the label is Sat TV, he's ready to use that. If it is labeled Cable, that will probably not work due to a splitter upstream.

Those two co-ax connectors in the picture will both be for satellite. One for roof mounted satellite and one for a portable satellite. There will be two connectors in the power bay. One for cable TV and one for portable satellite.

On my 2011 Access Premier 31JP the "Box o buttons" pulls out from the front. It was hard to see in your picture if there is a face plate on yours or not. If there is, this is how I get to mine.  As far as the TV, mine is mounted on a swivel bracket, sorry.

2011winnie, I removed the faceplate to get to the BOB.

ChasA, thanks, you have proven once again that I'm not very observant!  :-[

John Canfield, I looked for the velcro. Not there. If you look closely at this photo, you will see that there is a bracket holding the BOB. Also note how shooting a photo in a dark corner with a hand-held phone and tired muscles results in a very blurry picture...  ;)

Thanks one and all for the advice!  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom