problem with dometic 310 toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm new at this and feel really stupid but I have a 2012 keystone cougar fifth wheel and the toilet is a domestic 310. The seal that slides open and shut to flush is stuck all of a sudden and the pedal isn't making it go back and forth now. Someone please tell me how I can fix it without having to spend a ton of money
So far I have had to have an RV repair come and fix a couple of things and I am on a budget. New at this and would appreciate any advice and help from anyone. I live in it full time. One more question,it's very cold where I am (Bryson City N.C.) and I am having condensation problems in a few places besides the windows. Going to get dehumidifier,but should I use desiccant crystals to help?

Welcome to the Forum.

Here is a link to the manual.

https://search.aol.com/aol/search?enabled_terms=&s_it=wscreen50-bb-ac&q=dometic+310+toilet+manual&s_qt=ac

Christi,

Here is a direct link to a Dometic site where Gene just answered and I told him I will give you the site link.

http://www.justanswer.com/sip/rv?r=ppc|ms|4|Cars%20-%20RV%20-%20USA%20-%20State%20-%20Broad%20-%20Bing%20-%20Search%20-%20All%20Device%20-%20HV|SL%20RV&JPKW=troubleshooting%20dometic&JPST={placement}&JPDC=b&JPNW=o&JPKD=30773884027&JPRQ=dometic%20310%20toilet%20manual&JPAF=txt&JPCD=20160721&JPRC=1&mkwid=CsgmXXYf&pcrid=9304378193&pkw=troubleshooting%20dometic&pmt=bb

Good Luck

It sounds as though the linkage between the pedal and the valve has broken. These toilets are pretty simple for do-it-yourself repair and parts are readily available online or can be ordered thru RV stores. The foot peddle has a spring and a connecting tab that may break or come loose and that prevents the peddle from operating the flush ball valve.

The toilet owner manual has a part diagram, though no specific instructions on repair.
http://www.primetimerv.com/download/ComponentManuals/Toilet-Porcelain-Dometic-UserManual.pdf

This report of a similar problem and repair may be helpful:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f217/dometic-toilet-flush-trap-failure-40969.html

From the documents linked to I can not tell. Is this a "Ball" type flush gate or a "blade" type?

On the ball type.. I found that the pedal assembly includes a spring module,  Well if you over tighten the screws, it don't close.. back off just a little and it works fine. (no more than 1/4 to 1/2 turn).

Of course that's mine, which is scheduled for replacement for OTHER reaons, later (nothing wrong with it just I want a different style, in fact without re-checking that 310 may be what I want, oval, not round.)

Thanks to everyone that answered me. The RV place told me today that this particular toilet doesn't have the replacement parts for what's wrong and it also has a tendency for the valves freezing,so now he suggested the Aqua 5, said it is durable and has replacement parts if it ever breaks. Looks like I am getting a new toilet.

I meant Aqua Magic 5 toilet. I'm new to all of this,so any advice about anything is much appreciated. Thanks

Well, frozen valves is more indicative of owner screw-up than product quality. Any water line or valve left with water in it is probably going to be damaged in freezing weather. They have to be drained if sub-freezing weather is expected. And both toilet brands have valves available.

That said, I see no reason why the Aqua Magic 5 would not serve well.

The 310 in my 2010 Keystone Cougar just developed the same problem.  I removed the foot pedal and found one of the plastic tabs had broken off.  Simple enough---I thought---just order a replacement pedal and screw it on.  But no, the pedal is not available as a replacement part!  Good job, Dometic.  How do you manage to stay in business?

I have hated this toilet since day one.  It is way too high off the floor.  My legs dangle in mid air.  Feels like I am sitting in a bird bath.  And that easily replaceable ball seal that acts like a shelf around the shaft?  That is how the 310 quickly earned its nickname, The Turd Catcher Deluxe.

I did like the porcelain bowl and fortunately, Thetford sells a drop-in low-profile porcelain replacement, the Aqua Magic Style II.  Much better designed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom