Where In Q can I find easy wifi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john owens

I have not as of yet brought my laptop on any excursions. My wife has her work puter. Where in Quartzsite can I drive the jeep and sit with my laptop and do email or pay bills online using the local wifi? I don't have any "sticks" or other attachments for my puter. Here at home I have a wireless modem. Thanks for input...

Their are a lot of placed to hot spot from Lowes and home depot to McDonald.    But I don't recoment useing a unsecured public WiFi... If you have a cell phone you can hotspot the phone and use the phone for a WiFi. Connection....
Pick your data plan accordingly

P.S.  this is a forum that people from all 50 states and some foren county's use.    So I have to assum  your in Quartzsite Arizona.    You should be more Specific about your location

Carl's, Burger King and McDonalds all have free wi-Fi in Qtz but it's heavily used and slow as snot, also a couple of the laundromats. Most campgrounds in Q have Wi-Fi if you're staying there.

Thank you for input. We will be boondocking probably Las palmosa (sp) Tyson wash area. We live in Palm Springs area. Gonna put the fresh solar install thru some drills agaim..Great weather now I see.

I second the recommendation to never use an unsecured, public wifi for sensitive tasks like banking. I use my phone's hot spot for my data needs. I have Verizon, and I am running 4 or 5 dots of LTE signal strength here at Tyson Wash right now. And the forecast is for warmer weather!

Any bank or credit card Internet connection will use a https encrypted connection so is safe. I have never heard of any problem with the financial transaction. However, someone could get into your computer from a public WiFi.

I'm also at LaPosa Tyson Wash with 3 strength LTE on Verizon. I use husband's phone as a hot spot.

robertusa123 said:
Their are a lot of placed to hot spot from Lowes and home depot to McDonald.   
P.S.  this is a forum that people from all 50 states and some foren county's use.    So I have to assum  your in Quartzsite Arizona.    You should be more Specific about your location

robertusa123
Is there a Quartzsite other than the one in Arizona?

There is no Lowe's Home Improvement store near Quartzsite, AZ.... but there is one 75 miles north of Quartzsite, in Lake Havusu City.... and one in Yuma, 83 miles to the south.

robertusa123 said:
Their are a lot of placed to hot spot from Lowes and home depot to McDonald.    But I don't recoment useing a unsecured public WiFi... If you have a cell phone you can hotspot the phone and use the phone for a WiFi. Connection....
Pick your data plan accordingly

Where do I find a foren county?????

Umm, Mexico is about 80 miles south of Quartzsite, AZ. We also have a number of Canadians on the forum. There are folks from other countries who frequent the forum too. Personally, I think "Quartzsite" by itself is pretty specific in an RV forum, since it is probably the biggest single snowbird destination in the West. The PPs point is still well taken though. We have a lot of newbies all the time, and giving the state where something is located is very helpful. I know I frequently scratch my head about a location someone asks about without specifying the state.

Back
Top Bottom