Nova Scotia - July August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoddinron

I've been to Nova Scotia via Maine a couple of times, but it's been at least 10 years ago. 

Wondering how busy it's going to be in the middle of July and into August, and if we'll need reservations.  If so, how far in advance?

Cape Breton Island, Sydney - is probably ultimate destination.  We'll most likely leave Florida at the end of June, go to Ohio first (relatives), and then either across NY and into Canada, or up into Canada and across to NS.

We really don't like to make them too far in advance due to the fact that we don't know how long it's going to take us to get different places, and we kind of wander along the way.  You understand that, I'm sure.

Thanks for helping!

Ron and Joyce

I am certain that others will also comment , but a few points you should be aware of. The Canadian dollar exchange rate has been keeping many folks home ,so staycations are popular. A lot of friends are telling us they plan to hit Atlantic Canada this summer. Second point is the celebrations for our 150th year of confederation , where a lot of the ceremonial events this summer will take place in the Atlantic provinces.  Last and most significant for you will be the limited number of campgrounds that are available, again dependent upon your rig and needs for 50 amp, full hook up and wifi etc. We love that part of Canada , but will  probably remain in Ontario for the better part of this summer.  Does not hurt to call your proposed camping locations and ask how the vacancies are for  some tentative dates. Good luck Larry

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom