Wet Floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alhll333

I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler 38 ft. I have a water leak in the bedroom floor. Seems to be traveling under the tile floor and getting the carpet wet right in the center entrance then traveling toward the left side of the bedroom.
Have been scraching my head trying to find the source of the leak.
There are no signs outside or under the coach. Cannot find any leaks under the kitchen sink,around the toilet,under the bathroom sink,or under the shower. I checked inside and outside around the hot water tank and around the fridge. It is a slow leak somewhere? Any ideas where this sneaky leak may be coming from?

AL

Welcome to the forum Al. Have you gone up on the roof and inspected all the seams and joints? The water may be coming down through the wall and working it's way over to where you're seeing it. It may also be poor caulking around windows.

Welcome.

Is there a slide in the Bedroom?

I thought I had a leak and found that when I put in the slide there was water on top if it and it ran down
and got the floor wet.  Now I check the tops of the slides before I bring them in and remove any water (even dew will turn to water)
if needed.

Yeah it's hard for us to say without a close inspection. Could it be your fresh water system that's leaking vs. a roof leak? We had wet carpet in our previous MH, which we discovered was being caused by a cracked water pump housing. The water pressure would slowly bleed down as the pump leaked, then the pump would turn on for a few seconds every 10 minutes or so and repressurize the system, then the cycle would repeat. Just a thought.

Kev

I have had leaks around outside compartments, from the roof, from the awning mounts, from the water pump, from around windows, from...well, the list goes on!  You may want to carefully pull up the flooring to see if you can trace it back.

Al, we had a 2005 Holiday Rambler, and came home from a visit out to find water halfway across the floor. Turns out it was the small plastic hose line that runs up the back of the fridge to the icemaker that had cracked and was leaking. Perhaps yours has let go. If so you can just shut it off on the back of the fridge.

Bill

I am inclined to think it may very well be the water pump.
Would it still leak if you have it off and are hooked up to city water?

Yes it could still be the pump. The fastest way to eliminate the pump is to turn it on while you are in the coach without TV or anything running and listen to see after coming up to pressure if after a while it kicks on and pumps again and keeps doing this every once in awhile.

If the pump had a leak and if it was on the same plane as the hose from the water tank it could keep leaking. If the hose from the fresh water tank has a small leak before the pump then the pump would not cycle in this case. The water would still leak even if the pump was off. Where is the pump and fresh tank in relation to the leak.

It kicks on and off about every 8 minutes for just a couple of seconds. The water pump is in a lower cargo compartment
which is lower than the floor??

alhll333 said:
It kicks on and off about every 8 minutes for just a couple of seconds. The water pump is in a lower cargo compartment
which is lower than the floor??

If the pump cycles on without anyone opening a faucet or flushing the toilet, then you have a water leak somewhere in the piping system.  When the pressure drops because of a leak, the pump senses that and starts up to rebuild the pressure.

Back
Top Bottom