dinette removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willh2o

I searched through the Remodel section and didn't find a specific answer to my question. So here goes:

My Dad and I are considering a long road trip while he enjoys driving. He doesn't really like the dinette.

The RV we are considering has a dinette with drawer space underneath both benches. I am wondering if we could possibly remove one bench of the dinette and put a chair on one side of the table? I could have my bench side and Dad could have a chair on his side.

When Dad gets tired of driving (he's 89 years old), then we plan to sell the RV with option of replacing the dinette bench, or leaving a chair there.

Please tell me, is this a viable option?

Sure, I don't see why not. Take a close look and you may find that the box is only held in with screws. Remove them and it may just lift right out. Hard to tell without seeing some pictures.

I removed the dinette in our current RV and it was easy would also be easy to put back if I still had the dinette.  Make sure the floor under the seats is flat and has no components of the RV that can't be removed.  One RV we owned had part of the fresh water tank under the dinette.  Dick

We removed the dinette in ours. You should be able to lift the seats and remove the drawers to see how the seats are held in place. You will also see what else is in the way.

We removed both benches, kept the original table and like it a whole lot better. The drawers under the benches was so deep that things got lost in there anyway.

I did exactly what you are considering and I like the change.  I bought a high back office chair that I can roll up to the table when needed.  I have an ottoman that I use along with the chair for lounging.  Removing both the dinette bench and the adjacent jackknife sofa makes the interior feel much larger, it is a great setup for two people.

Back
Top Bottom