Brakes on fifth wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtna

Have Newmar 5th wheel. 40 ft. Have electric brakes, would like to go to electric over hydraulic. need to know if this is a good ideal. Been getting prices to have it done, more then what I want to do. Can anyone suggest a place to have this done, willing to travel if price is right.

A friend of mine added hydraulic/electric disc brakes to his Bighorn fiver and swears by them.  He had them installed at a Heartland ralley for a total cost around $2,500.

Thanks. Got a price from Morride in Indiana, to do all six axles with new bearings, brake lines and pump was $ 4100.00.

Pawtna said:
Thanks. Got a price from Morride in Indiana, to do all six axles with new bearings, brake lines and pump was $ 4100.00.

You have six axles.  :eek: ::) :-[  WOW. That must be a really big 5vr.  ;D :D ;)  Just having a little fun.

$4100 seems high for just the brake upgrade. Is that including a new Moryde suspension?

You can get premium quality hydraulic brake units for $100-$150 each, and an electric/hydraulic actuator for around $600-$700. That leaves $2500+ for labor & "miscellaneous". I guess I would have expected more like $3000, even for a top professional job (and Morryde is that!). But I've never priced it before either...

Back
Top Bottom