Researching best 1/2 ton truck for pulling a trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I looked in the Ford dealer in Houston. The cheapest one new was about 40k. So, it sounds like a good deal. Ask for a Carfax report.

SailorSam20500 said:
Dara,

Pic you posted does not have tow mirrors.  Note that OEM power tow mirrors can NOT be added.  Mirrors are controlled by truck computer and it is about impossible to update it - check the F-150 forum for a long thread on that.

Check which rear end is in the truck, if I recall, not having a brake controller indicates you have the standard tow package, not max tow.  I think the max tow package includes a locking diff, which can be handy.  But you should have a tranny cooler - but double check that also.

Which gas tank?  There is a 30+ tank available and is handy for longer drives.  10-13 mpg towing runs the smaller one dry a lot faster!

Personally after seeing the trailer sway test video by the Fast Lane Truck guys, I don't think I want to rely on the integrated anti-sway.  Get a hitch with anti-sway.

Nice looking truck though!

What SailorSam said.. For sure.

Be sure and get ALL the Towing Options available... at time of purchase, to tow that TT .  Those Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda things will come back to haunt you.. Down the road.

Jus' saying ?

SailorSam20500 said:
Dara,

Pic you posted does not have tow mirrors.  Note that OEM power tow mirrors can NOT be added.  Mirrors are controlled by truck computer and it is about impossible to update it - check the F-150 forum for a long thread on that.

Check which rear end is in the truck, if I recall, not having a brake controller indicates you have the standard tow package, not max tow.  I think the max tow package includes a locking diff, which can be handy.  But you should have a tranny cooler - but double check that also.

Which gas tank?  There is a 30+ tank available and is handy for longer drives.  10-13 mpg towing runs the smaller one dry a lot faster!

Personally after seeing the trailer sway test video by the Fast Lane Truck guys, I don't think I want to rely on the integrated anti-sway.  Get a hitch with anti-sway.

Nice looking truck though!

Thanks Sam.  yes i know it's not Tow mirrors.  i'm going to see if the dealer can add a couple things. if not, i'll get aftermarket upgrades.  it does have the 36 gal tank. and yes if and when i get the trailer i will get sway bar and weight distribution.

Back
Top Bottom