removing dog house cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charger1204

Okay, I've got a 2011 Vista 26P and would like to take the dog house cover off to inspect the top of the engine and also put some type of sound insulation on in addition to what is currently on there. My problem is the manual shows a hex screw on the top middle to turn in addition to two other screws on either side, but there IS no hole for a hex key to go into!,  don't know if they forgot to cut a hole in the carpet or what exactly is going on. Any senior or experienced members on here run into this problem before? It's obvious by looking under the coach that the hook is at the front center of the cover.

Charger1204 said:
Thanks...I looked for that and you're correct, it's VERY hard to find! I'll look at again when I get another chance.

Yep and, for me, it was difficult to reinstall. Has to be shoved fully forward and then figure out when the latch is actually engaged.

Bill

Finally got it off and all looked good, except for the mouse droppings on top of the engine! And yes it was an absolute BEAR to get back in place. But at least I know now that I have room for some sound insulation if I decide to go that route.

Props to whoever designed this. Well played. 2 obvious screws in the front near the dashboard, but the 3rd fastener....an allen screw, tucked just far up through a tiny peep hole that no conventional allen can reach. Couldn't have used a 1/4" allen, so it would be easy to improvise....had to use one size larger. Could you have made it any more difficult?? Had I needed to access this on the road, away from anywhere, I would have been in deep trouble.

I've said more than once the Winnebago product designers need to spend a month working in factory service, then they might appreciate the need to design for functionality along with maintenance access.

And welcome aboard!

Octoson said:
Props to whoever designed this. Well played. 2 obvious screws in the front near the dashboard, but the 3rd fastener....an allen screw, tucked just far up through a tiny peep hole that no conventional allen can reach. Couldn't have used a 1/4" allen, so it would be easy to improvise....had to use one size larger. Could you have made it any more difficult?? Had I needed to access this on the road, away from anywhere, I would have been in deep trouble.

Dont let the humor slip away.  You will need it more than once as you own this vehicle!! ;D ;D

Octoson. Check in your black satchel with the books. My 2006 Sightseer came with the allen wrench in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom