finding my satelites in the sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert K

I am useing a winegart mp1 dish. My sat. On Dish network at home are 61.5 and72. I think 61.5 is echostar 16 but I don't know what sat. 72 is. Can only pick up programs on 61.5 on the road with mp1. Useing the sateliteAR app.

MP1 is the Winegard Carryout, right?  Have you tried clearing the existing settings in your receiver before pointing the Dish? Winegard says that is necessary to get valid results. See the Dish instructions in the Carryout MP1 manual:
http://www.winegard.com/kbase/uploads/gm-mp1-quick-start.pdf

The MP1 doesn't know one satellite from another, so if the satellite is visible and you have aimed correctly, it is the satellite receiver box that decides to recognize the signal or not. What does it report when you aim at 72?

Where are you located now? According to the satellite maps, The Dish 72 bird is best used in the Southeastern US or Eastern US. Signal strength deteriorates the further west you go.
http://manuals.solidsignal.com/2452277.pdf

Also if you're wanting to know where the satellites are in the sky, there is several good cellphone apps that will locate them for you.

The manually aimed MP1 is capable of receiving any of the three Dish satellites on either arc. As Gary said, clear the receiver's memory before aiming. I use a manually aimed Dish triple LNB dish that can be configured for either arc, and I've found the Dish Pointer Pro app to be the best for aiming for me. It's easy to configure the app to only show the sats I'm interested in, and it displays them by arc location (61.5, 72.5, 77, 110, etc), rather than sat name.

Attachments

• dp-2016-01-18_13-42-04-682.jpg
    dp-2016-01-18_13-42-04-682.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom