sale of vehicle and accessories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

watadevil

Hi, I'm new here and want to find out about the going price of accessories that are installed on a truck.  Background: dad passed away 20 months ago, we now have a Dodge with various adders: turbo engine brake, chip, power heated extending mirrors, monster exhaust, pillar gages, 5th wheel hitch, engine exhaust brake.  We would like to sell the whole rig: fifth wheel and truck but don't really know how to price the set or individually.  I did find the Nadaguide and priced them there but the trailer seems high compared to what I see others listed for.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Doug

Please list the truck year and specifications  along with the size and equipment.  We have to know what it is before we can give you an estimated price.  Listing it here under vehicles for sale won't hurt.

As requested:
2000 Dodge Ram 2500HD Quad Cab SLT
99500 mi
155"WB (long bed)
5.9L Cummins 24V Diesel
Auto, ABS, 4.10 axle, Forged AL wheels, A/C, PW, PDL, CC, Tilt, Two tone Forest Green Pearl over Silver, bench seat (40/20/40) drivers 8 way power, Keyless entry, Alarm, AM/FM Cassette, CD/Eq, 6 speaker Infinity, Overhead console w/ trip computer.

After factory options:
In bed tool box (trailer box),
Flow thru tailgate,
Rhino bedliner (color keyed(green)),
5th wheel hitch,
Stainless mudflaps,
Tow package,
Power Extending Heated Mirrors,
Pillar mounted gages,
Banks Monster Exhaust,
BD Turbo Mount Engine Exhaust Brake,
BD Chip

and probably other stuff too!
I can get the trailer stuff together as well.

I'm afraid you won't get much of anything for the add-ons. You might get an extra $1000 above NADA for the entire package from someone who is looking specifically for a tow vehicle, so advertise it here (in the Private For Sale section) as a complete package. Try some other RV sites too. You might be able to get a few hundred for the fifth wheel hitch as a separate item, but most newbies buy through the RV dealer and old timers tend to be looking for a specific brand and model they have decided is better than what they have.

As for the trailer and the NADA book price, it will be higher than the usual private sale. NADA RV prices reflect the dealer asking price, before trade-in, and is generally high.  The dealer will discount that price in the form of an inflayed trade-in value or a cash discount if the customer has no trade.  A private sale is usually listed with the typical discounts already applied, i.e. 10-15% below the dealer asking price. And if the rig has been up for sake awhile, the private seller begins to discount even more deeply, maybe 25% or more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom