1990 Fleetwood bounder shore power to electrical junction box but not to ats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buster55

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and not sure I am doing this right but I have a 2000 1999 Bounder. P30 chassis Chevy 454. I have no shore power. After looking online, I installed a new automatic transfer switch. Still no joy. I have since done what I should have done first and found that I have current at the end of the plug in cord at the junction box going up into the coach. I do not have power going to the Ats. Anyone know what is between on that coach and where I would find it. I can't seem to trace the wiring from the junction box to the Ats which is located behind the breaker box.  I am at a loss short of dismantling the entire coach to find the routing of the wire from the junction box outside to the Ats inside.

Moderator edit "1999"

I am sorry, I see in the post that I said I had a 2000 Bounder but it is actually a 1990 model.

Here is a tool that is inexpensive and should solve your problem. You can trace the path fairly easily to see where it goes.

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-NCVT-2-Non-Contact-Voltage/dp/B004FXJOQO/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1486331881&sr=8-24&keywords=klein+multimeter

Buster55 said:
I am sorry, I see in the post that I said I had a 2000 Bounder but it is actually a 1990 model.

Just a little info, you could have modified your post by clicking on the modify button over on the right, make the change then click save.  ;)

Should be nothing between that junction box and the ATS except wire, so I would be looking carefully at the j-box and the ATS end. If both those are solid, I would guess a damaged wire is the probably answer, but you will just have to dig in to find it. Maybe take the bed apart, if the wires run underneath? RV construction is generally simplistic, so often not bad to disassemble once you actually get at it.

We had a similar problem with our TT, not sure if it will translate to your coach though. No shore power, but had power all the way to the shoreline connection. I finally figured out I had an open neutral. Fortunately, the back of the shoreline plug was pretty easily accessible and sure enough, the neutral (white) wire had pulled out of the receptacle. Easy fix, I thought; but when I pulled the shoreline plug to reattach the wire, it fell apart in my hand!  I ordered a new one from a marine dealer via Amazon and had it the next day. Much better quality than the OEM. I had to enlarge the hole through the wall a tad, but otherwise a simple replacement.

Back
Top Bottom