Family Camping in the Southeast - maybe on a farm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buffel

Hi there folks!
So our family of 5 (One almost 6 year old, the twins are three and a half) has landed exactly one week ago in the US. After a Long flight from Stuttgart to Orlando (via Atlanta) we were enjoying the great comfort of Disney?s Fort Wilderness to get completly rid of any Jetlag. And now we are near St. Augustine and are pretty open where to travel next, could be further North or could be to the more western states, Alabama, Mississipi or even Lousiana. We are searching for family friendly campgrounds, the absolute dream would be on a farm or something that comes close - with animals and stuff :)
Open question: Any recommendations?
Quick info: We travel in an RV, 28 feet, Class C, and we have time till the end of march, then we are heading North (Pennsylvania, maybe even Canada).
Thanks in advance for any tips!
With the best regards
Christopher

You are talking about the Boggy Creek Resort right down the street from me. They have a small zoo with pigs, duck, miniature horses, swans, and a lot more. They have air boat rides out into the lake and a nice gator show afterwards. It is a reasonably priced RV park but they are full right now. There will be openings in a few months when the snowbirds leave. The restaurant there is one of my favorites in the area. I had a mini rally there this morning with Catblaster. Here is their website:

http://www.boggycreekresortandrvpark.com/

Hi, perhaps this organisation is worth looking at, (I have linked thread so you can see comments) although it may be expensive if you spend a lot at each location:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,99166.msg892487.html#msg892487

Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Hi there all,
thanks for your replies! The Boggy Creek Resort would really have been nice, but unfortunately in fact unavailable. Thanks to SeilerBird! :D
And the second tipp, that arrived us through an almost telepathic way, is very well worth checking out. My wife and I will do all the research that we can to find out, if that is really something for us. Right now we are enjoying the Savannah sun and we shortly be moving near Atlanta.
Thanks again and be blessed wherever you are!
Christopher

Only problem with Harvest Hosts is that it's is entirely self-contained (no hookups) and also one night only. Not many facilities in the southeast either.

You might also try to google "rv agri tourism"      harvest hosts require that the camping site be free to be listed, so those places that charge a fee are not shown.      Agri tourism is starting to get popular, I know there is a place about 10 miles from here in  SW Louisiana that does life on a farm stuff for tourist, but I don't remember their name or if they have RV sites.

ah here it is  http://cmfarmsllc.com/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom