Texas mail forwarding OTHER than Escapee's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I was looking for a mail forwarding business in Texas other than the Escapee's in Livingston.  I would like to compare business's and costs before making any decisions.  Any suggestions?

Marty, I see you didn't receive a reply. Were you able to find a solution you could share with others?

I am staying with our old address in SD. Our mail forwarding provider is "My Dakota Address" in Madison. Great folks to work with, and very competent. 

There are many Mail forwarding services.. Some have advantages over others.

One I will tell you about is the UPS STORE.. Many of these are also Post Office Box Stores.. How that works

They have a 'Wall" of PO boxes. the letter carrier gets behind the wall using a key and puts the mail in your box exactly asd they do at the genuine post office... The store staff is also authorized to take your mail from the box. they can also sign for packages and such.

You call 'em up.. tell 'em where to send it, and depending on the package it will either be shipped via Post office or UPS.. In some cases they can ship to another UPS STORE for a reduced rate for pick up there

But you do need to talk to them about that.

I use an independent post-office-box store in Michjigan.. Same deal only no discount on packages shipped to same chain stores cause there are none.

NOTE: it may be cheaper to go with an Independent as I do...    Most of thsse stores do not "Market" to the RV types... but most all of 'em offer much the same service.

I know the OP is staying with South Dakota, but in case this thread interests someone else...

I ran across a mail forwarding service in Wichita Falls, Texas.  I wonder, though, if it's good for RVers because of its strict forwarding schedule--you sign up for weekly, biweekly, or monthly forwarding, and those happen on fixed days.  For example, if you're monthly, the mail is sent on the first Thursday of the month.  No way that would work for us because our travel isn't particularly regimented.  In fact, we usually let the mail pile up until we're confident where we'll be 5 days hence, and that doesn't happen often.

But if someone workamps or stays somewhere for the season or travels from RV park to RV park on a little bit of schedule, it might work.
https://www.texashomebase.com/mail-forwarding/

We use UPS Store, have for many years. They go thru mail and trash catalogs and junk mail, with our permission.  When we want mail we e-mail them particulars and they send to CC, UPS Store or wherever. Works great. We have a habit of going somewhat Willy-nilly, so we occasionally have them send to a UPS Store a few days ahead of us and we can then pick up at our leisure.

Back
Top Bottom