Slide FLOODED my living room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DCgrafx

My 2004 Four Winds "super slide" flooded the inside as the rain poured down. New to RVing full time. HELP

Could you give some more detail about how this flood happened? Obviously super-slides aren't supposed to have super-leaks. What went wrong?

Are you looking for help to clean up the water, or to fix the cause of the flood? Or maybe both?

Was the slide maybe not quite fully deployed and tight against the gasket? (Had someone maybe bumped the 'in' button?)

Was the coach fully level?

Do you have slide toppers?  If not, debris may have fallen onto your slide and causes a gap in the seal thus allowing water to enter your RV.  Gotta clean the tops of those slides.  Had the same problem my last two outings.

Thank you for all of your responses. I have been staying at my daughters since the flood 
Ok, it was all the way out & level with stabilizing jacks under the slide. After everything dried we crawled up top and found that the wiper gasket is GONE. There is also a lot of broken caulk around edges. The RV repairman will be here tomorrow to make the repairs. Says it'll be between $200-600 to repair.

I bought this camper super cheap & i am finding out why. The fridge doesn't work, shower drip pan is leaking, kitchen faucet is broken. 

I am seeing more & more what a lemon I bought  ?

DCgrafx said:
POINTERMAN

WHAT KIND OF COVER?

They are like an awning that goes over the slide. Keeps weather and debris from accumulating on top of the slide when extended.
I also have a super slide on my Jayco. Cost me approx. $300 bucks for the seal. Installed myself. Doesn't sound like the price you quoted is out of line. Depends on the size of the slide (length of the seal) and work involved.

Your other issues may not be as bad as you might think. I'm sure this forum has members on hand that may be able to help you out.
What have ya got to lose by asking?  :D 

Shower drip pan can be fixed with JB Underwater weld, do it yourself, follow directions exactly.

Fridge, look at complete troubleshoot list before you toss it out. Might be as simple as a full battery charge in order for it to run.

Kitchen faucet, can be replaced from $10=$500 depending on type of faucet you prefer. We cut an access hole behind the booth cushion to better reach the faucet innards underneath the sink to replace  mine.

You may want to upgrade your insurance for comprehensive and collision.  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom