ABS light on Freightliner chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
So I moved the MH yesterday to do some cleaning of the parking pad. It has been sitting since I got home in early December.  It fired up and started easily, but I noted that the ABS light on the dash didn't go out. I let it run for about 10-15 minutes, half of that at high idle.  Moved it shut it down, then after about an hour repeated the process to move it back.  The ABS light was still on. 

I checked the diagnostic function on the built in dash readout.  I found a "ABS Diagnostics" heading in the menu, and selected it.  It changed to "Checking ABS controller".  After a few seconds a the display returned "No Open ABS malfunction".  But yet the yellow ABS light was glowing softly back at me. 

Any idea's on the next step or possible reason?  I would like to get this taken care of (if there is indeed a problem) before I head out on the next adventure. 

Sometimes, if there's not a hard fault, you might have to drive the unit a little distance above a certain speed to get the light to reset.  A mile, where you get above 25-30mph ought to do it.

1. Call Freightliner [FCCC] Customer Service and ask what can trigger that. 1-800-FTL-HELP  24/7

2. ABS problems are typically a wheel speed sensor that is not reporting, e.g. a broken or corroded wire of sensor. Sometimes driving it a bit will clear it up if the problem stems from moisture or light corrosion while parked.

3. Your brakes work whether you have ABS or not. Lack of ABS just means the driver is 100% responsible for handling any possible skid - no help from the computer.

Have had intermittent ABS light over the last 4 years.  Just kind of ignore it as it goes away in a day or two.  In your case it's probably caused by setting and will clear up once drove.

1. Call Freightliner [FCCC] Customer Service and ask what can trigger that. 1-800-FTL-HELP 24/7

2. ABS problems are typically a wheel speed sensor that is not reporting, e.g. a broken or corroded wire of sensor. Sometimes driving it a bit will clear it up if the problem stems from moisture or light corrosion while parked.

3. Your brakes work whether you have ABS or not. Lack of ABS just means the driver is 100% responsible for handling any possible skid - no help from the computer.
I have a 2016 Grand Tour on a Freightliner Maxim chassis. My passenger side front ABS cable got sliced/broken. Do any know the Freightliner or a replacement part number for me to order a new one?
Thanks for your time.
Terry J

I think you will need to contact Freightliner Custom Chassis or a Freightliner Oasis dealer to get that number. Your Winnebago Maxim chassis is built around the Freightliner XCM chassis but you need to have the last 6 digits of your chassis VIN to get the right answer.

I have a 2016 Grand Tour on a Freightliner Maxim chassis. My passenger side front ABS cable got sliced/broken. Do any know the Freightliner or a replacement part number for me to order a new one?
Thanks for your time.
Terry J
Call Freightliner with your VIN and they will send you the correct one. 1-800-FTL-HELP

I hope your repair goes better than mine did. When my front wheel ABS sensor failed, Freightliner charged over $1000 for the repair. They said they had to run the new cable from the front tire to the motor area 40' away. That must have been some cable.....

The cable likely 10 bucks 20 at them most.But it's bundled in a tape loom with 20 give or take 19 other cables and they have to unwarp every inch of that and re-wrap it.Can not just run the new cable beside it.. Several hours of drudge work.

Back
Top Bottom