Deep Sea Fishing in Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
Eric and I are headed to Florida this April or May.  At this point we don't know exacting where in Florida we are going but deep sea fishing is on our list of things to do.

We are looking for information on locations, charters, prices, etc.  TIA for any input and advice you might have.  BTW ... you are welcome to join us!  ;D 

I'm kinda new on the forum but it's been a huge help getting me rigged, but I know Florida fishing so I'll pay it forward. I live a by and fish out of Sebastian inlet, and ran charter there for about five years after I retired. There are two state campgrounds there. Sebastian inlet state park directly On the inlet and long point park a mile or so away on the Indian River lagoon. You can fish on your own at the inlet, lagoon or surf fish across the street on the Atlantic Ocean. Inlet is famous for snook, huge redfish and many other species. Surf hold whiting and pompano. Lagoon has trout, redfish, snook.

Several charter boats, I would recommend attitude fishin with Capt Eric for inlet and near shore. He'll pick you up at park if needed. For offshore the incentive with Capt Bruce.

If you get to key largo fantastic II with Capt justin, Everglades Benny Blanco.

Both those parks have waterfront campsites. Surfing is the best in Florida. Beautiful beaches. Kinda remote. April and May are prime fishing times if the wind cooperates. Good luck and feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Actually I'll be heading north in August so I'll ask you the same about what you would suggest about your area.

I used to do a lot of scuba diving, lived in Clearwater, and currently near St Augustine.

Good thing about SE FL (West Palm / Ft Lauderdale area) is that the gulf stream flows close in.  Not a long boat ride out to deep water and warm clear water.  Similar in the keys.
On the gulf side, as it is up here,  it's generally a long long boat ride out to deep and clear water

tylerfoster said:
The bottom fishing out of st Augustine is fantastic for grouper and snapper.
True from Canaveral to Jacksonville, BUT Snapper ?season? is a whole 5 days (2 weekends in July) thanks to Fed?s mismanagement.  Gulf side has a real season this year.

Don't forget the PARTY BOAT fishing trips. Tarpon Springs has many. You go out for most of the day and bottom fish for Grouper, Yellow Fin tuna etc.
Going during the week ensures you a less crowded boat. All fishing supplies included.

Usually have an on board snack area but you can BYO food etc.
The Georges used to be owned and run by a woman who captained one of the boats.

Nice thing about the party boat is that if the weather or seas are crappy the you do not have to buy a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom