Class A with 5K tow limit + Wrangler Unlimited?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drewtk

This is actually a question for my parents.  They have a 2016 32' gas Class A with a 5K towing limit.  They're looking for a TOAD and are considering the Wrangler Unlimited, which weighs 4,300 pounds from what I can find.  Any advice on whether they can comfortably tow it?  Anyone towing a Wrangler Unlimited with a comparable towing limit?

My Wrangler Rubicon scales 4, 600 lb. I had no problem towihg it with my previous MH with a 5, 000 lb. hitch.

Ernie

I tow my Tacoma which weighs 4,500lbs with a 31 ft gas A V10. It has no problems with power up hills.

Thanks for the real world sanity check.  To complete the story, I'm actually going to buy it for them.

What a good kid!  ;)  The other side of that question (aside from what the hitch will handle) is making the sure the motorhome has the available towing capacity, once the RV is fully loaded for travel, to safely pull that much weight.  It's usually not a problem with newer Class A motorhomes, but a whole lot of cargo weight in the rig will also "take away" pounds that the rig can tow.  It might not hurt to get a look at the data sticker inside the rig (often by the driver's area) if possible, to get their rated towing numbers.

I think you should weigh the Motorhome with the stuff you usually take with you.  Then deduct that from the GCWR and you will have a more accurate idea.  Each motorhome and people are different.  The question is not if it can pull it but if it can do it within the limits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom