Class A RV shakes when I walk on it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcline

I have a 2005 RV with gas magnum monroe shock absorber .... Lately, I have felt that me walking on the front of the RV shakes it to the point that blinds may even move; it is parked in a downwards slope and one front tire is a bit low. Could this be the problem or it is normal?

I also just happened to replace a very heavy old style TV with a very light 10 pound flat screen....could that be part of the reason?

I'm only 180 pounds btw

We have a 40 foot DP.  When I walk on it (with the jacks up) my wife feels it considerably at the far end of the coach.  This could probably be caused by me being slightly smaller than the State of Texas...I hope this helps.

It's not surprising that the coach jiggles when it is just sitting on it suspension, i.e. jacks not deployed.  Low tire pressure or a lighter tv won't alter that either way. It's just the suspension reacting to the shift in weight as a you move around.

Are you saying this is sudden & new, and that it didn't do that a year ago?  Does it still drive OK and handle bumps and potholes? I'm trying to guess whether you have some suspension damage that has somehow reduced its load capability.

Back
Top Bottom