our 2004 Itasca Suncruiser 35 U

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willh2o

Well we finally took the leap and chose to buy a 2004 Itasca Suncruiser 35 U. We have been looking since early December and have looked online at 100s of coaches and in person at least 100. Funny we bought one of the first that we looked at. At the time we first looked, it was out of our price range--still is, but we believe it is worth it after looking and comparing. We had finalized on either a Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision, or Southwind 35 R, or a Winnebago Adventurer or Itasca Suncruiser 35 U. This week we looked at 4 that are currently available, plus a few other models and it was clear what we wanted to buy.

It's getting new (current dated) tires, getting a complete check out and a few tweaks. We'll pick it up in a couple of week.

We are considering modifying the front TV box which actually has a nice wood frame to securing a 40" Samsung TV. We'll have to move the cabinet doors and slightly shave them to give us the 35.5" x 24.5" space that this particular model needs. Most 40" TVs need at least 36" but found this model that has the narrower 'face print'. We are verifying with our tech that this will work and going to go have another look today to make sure that we really want the 40" rather than the 32" that would easily work.

Everything thing is in remarkable condition. The companion chair is a little more worn than we would like. Wondering how we could locate a used replacement blue chair or better the white ultra leather that were in this model year. We could reupholster, but not sure about getting just the right fabric and the expense.

Here's the video of our new coach: https://youtu.be/D1afom8YC9U. We liked the floorplan, condition, colors... There were just a number of things that made this coach standout like the diagonal vinyl flooring option (will have to be replaced sometime, but it looks nice and is in good condition for now), the drawers under the stove top, the cupboard above the microwave instead of the fuse box compared to other 35 U's we looked at.

Sure hope my 89 year old Dad and I have as much fun as we are expecting to.

PS How do I change my 'signature' on the forum? I couldn't find it in the profile area.

For your signature: Click Profile, then Forum Profile. Signature is at the bottom of the page in a box.

My cream leather Co- pilot seat cushion was badly deterioated & cracked along the front while the pilot seat looked great. I removed the seat & found a local auto upholstery guy who came to pick it up.  I showed him & told him what I wanted,  and a week later got back an absolute perfect match both in surface color & stitching. He recovered just the seat cushion. My cost was $430 about a year ago.

Congrats on that new rig!  More often than not I circle back to the first one I looked at :)

Back
Top Bottom