EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Tunnel north of Superior Az  (Read 858 times)

OSUTRIKERS

• ---
Tunnel north of Superior Az
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:16:19 PM »
My Allstays app shows tunnel between Superior and Globe Az to be 13' 5".  Has anyone done their class A thru this? Seems that would be right at height of class A.  We have 2013 Allegro Open Road. And honestly I haven't checked it myself.   Thanks
2013 Allegro Open Road
2014 Jeep Wrangler

Peteyboy

• ---
Re: Tunnel north of Superior Az
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »
12' 6" seems to be the norm for most Motorhomes,,, we have been through many overpasses marked 13' 5" and all my roof accessories are still there.
Pete & Sandy
2015 Itasca Suncruiser 37F
11 CRV

OSUTRIKERS

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:01:06 PM »
Thanks.   So, if specs say 12.8, that includes the accessories on top, a/c, satellite, etc?  Just cautious, I guess.
2013 Allegro Open Road
2014 Jeep Wrangler

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
Thanks.   So, if specs say 12.8, that includes the accessories on top, a/c, satellite, etc?  Just cautious, I guess.

I know this involves climbing on the roof, but you really need to measure it yourself. With a helper, get up on the roof with a straightedge about five feet long (board, etc), along with a level. Lay the board on your air conditioner (likely the highest spot) with the end hanging over the side. Put a level on the board to be sure it's level and have your helper measure from the ground up to the board. Then, write this number down, and make a placard your can stick on your dash somewhere. This is the only way you can be certain.
Scott
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 800W Solar
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:34:25 PM »
Yeah, if you have any clearance concerns (like I used to have) I'd do what Scott recommended - take your own measurements. I did, and found that ours was exactly as advertised - 12' 11" to the top of the AC unit when the coach was aired up. It was just nice knowing for sure.

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

markbarendt

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »
I know this involves climbing on the roof, but you really need to measure it yourself. With a helper, get up on the roof with a straightedge about five feet long (board, etc), along with a level. Lay the board on your air conditioner (likely the highest spot) with the end hanging over the side. Put a level on the board to be sure it's level and have your helper measure from the ground up to the board. Then, write this number down, and make a placard your can stick on your dash somewhere. This is the only way you can be certain.
Yep.

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »
12' 6" seems to be the norm for most Motorhomes

Mostly true but some are 13 feet high.  Definitely measure it yourself!

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 05:53:05 PM »
My Stacker trailer was originally 13' 6" tall.  After bigger tires and solar panels I am pushing 14' high.

That is the main reason I watch height signs and have a Giraffe warning system mounted on my right outside mirror.  I usually travel on Interstates, (14'+) or main highways that are used by tractor trailers.

One low bridge can ruin your day.
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
34' Stacker Trailer, Trailer Toad
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

OSUTRIKERS

• ---
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 08:56:23 PM »
Thanks. Good advice on making sure yourself. And then you know.
2013 Allegro Open Road
2014 Jeep Wrangler

bobbyg2013

• ---
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 01:23:17 PM »
No height problem for you.  Remember to honk while going thru. Its a beautiful drive between Superior and Globe and if you go on north/east US 60 , the Salt River Canyon is often called the "Little Grand Canyon".

HappyWanderer

• ---
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »

Or... measure from the ground to the roof, then measure the air conditioner. Add the two numbers.
I don't have gray hair. I have wisdom highlights.

Hosted by Over The Network