Tunnel north of Superior Az

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OSUTRIKERS

My Allstays app shows tunnel between Superior and Globe Az to be 13' 5".  Has anyone done their class A thru this? Seems that would be right at height of class A.  We have 2013 Allegro Open Road. And honestly I haven't checked it myself.  Thanks

12' 6" seems to be the norm for most Motorhomes,,, we have been through many overpasses marked 13' 5" and all my roof accessories are still there.

Thanks.  So, if specs say 12.8, that includes the accessories on top, a/c, satellite, etc?  Just cautious, I guess.

OSUTRIKERS said:
Thanks.  So, if specs say 12.8, that includes the accessories on top, a/c, satellite, etc?  Just cautious, I guess.

I know this involves climbing on the roof, but you really need to measure it yourself. With a helper, get up on the roof with a straightedge about five feet long (board, etc), along with a level. Lay the board on your air conditioner (likely the highest spot) with the end hanging over the side. Put a level on the board to be sure it's level and have your helper measure from the ground up to the board. Then, write this number down, and make a placard your can stick on your dash somewhere. This is the only way you can be certain.

Yeah, if you have any clearance concerns (like I used to have) I'd do what Scott recommended - take your own measurements. I did, and found that ours was exactly as advertised - 12' 11" to the top of the AC unit when the coach was aired up. It was just nice knowing for sure.

Kev

Sun2Retire said:
I know this involves climbing on the roof, but you really need to measure it yourself. With a helper, get up on the roof with a straightedge about five feet long (board, etc), along with a level. Lay the board on your air conditioner (likely the highest spot) with the end hanging over the side. Put a level on the board to be sure it's level and have your helper measure from the ground up to the board. Then, write this number down, and make a placard your can stick on your dash somewhere. This is the only way you can be certain.
Yep.

12' 6" seems to be the norm for most Motorhomes

Mostly true but some are 13 feet high.  Definitely measure it yourself!

ArdraF

My Stacker trailer was originally 13' 6" tall.  After bigger tires and solar panels I am pushing 14' high.

That is the main reason I watch height signs and have a Giraffe warning system mounted on my right outside mirror.  I usually travel on Interstates, (14'+) or main highways that are used by tractor trailers.

One low bridge can ruin your day.

No height problem for you.  Remember to honk while going thru. Its a beautiful drive between Superior and Globe and if you go on north/east US 60 , the Salt River Canyon is often called the "Little Grand Canyon".

Sun2Retire said:

Or... measure from the ground to the roof, then measure the air conditioner. Add the two numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom