Mt Rushmore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sully525

Does anyone have a favorite campground near Mt Rushmore? Planning on staying three days?

We like the Broken Arrow Horse Camp and RV Campground.  http://www.brokenarrowhorsecamp.com

It's a dual purpose campground and sometimes the "cowboys" put on a chuck wagon dinner - you'll get an invite.  Be sure to attend.

Ron and Joyce

We stayed at Custer Gulch campground in Custer SD.  We were tent camping at the time, but they had some nice looking RV spaces.  Facilities were nice and clean.

Thank you to all, I haven't even seen those in my search.  I will go back and look again

hoddinron said:
We like the Broken Arrow Horse Camp and RV Campground.  http://www.brokenarrowhorsecamp.com

It's a dual purpose campground and sometimes the "cowboys" put on a chuck wagon dinner - you'll get an invite.  Be sure to attend.

Ron and Joyce

Ditto.

The last time we stayed at
Heartland RV Park & Cabins, 24743 SD-79, Hermosa, SD 57744, heartlandcampground.com, (605) 255-5460
We used 40 to get into the park. We were lucky to find a place because it was the week before bike week in Sturgis.
If you want a fun road try 16A BUT NOT IN YOUR COACH. It is in caps for a reason. ;)
Bill

We stayed, and enjoyed, the campground just north of West Yellowstone, just outside the park. West Yellowstone is located on the extreme west side of the park. It has power at the site, water is available and they have clean vault toilets. Just did not want to pay the prices being charged at sites inside the park.

bobbyg2013 said:
We stayed, and enjoyed, the campground just north of West Yellowstone, just outside the park. West Yellowstone is located on the extreme west side of the park. It has power at the site, water is available and they have clean vault toilets. Just did not want to pay the prices being charged at sites inside the park.
Yes, but that is a long daytrip to Mt Rushmore. ;)
I was out that way this summer and stayed at Buffalo Run.
Bill

Old_Crow said:
We stayed at Custer Gulch campground in Custer SD.  We were tent camping at the time, but they had some nice looking RV spaces.  Facilities were nice and clean.

We stayed at Custer's Gulch last year.  We lucked out and got a good site.  Some of the sites are right next to the road.  Very poor customer service. We were part of a rally and the CG would not assign us sites together and they wouldn't allow people to move to a different site even if one was available.  (Too much paperwork?) We would check out some of the other suggestions before we would return to Custer's Gulch.

We stayed at Beaver Lake Campground in Custer.  Met our needs just fine - we visited Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and visited Custer State Park - saw many animals including Bison in the park.  If you are in a tow vehicle or have a toad, I would definitely travel these roads:
http://www.mountrushmoreinfo.com/drives.htm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom