EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Weekend Warrior TV mounting Ideas?  (Read 736 times)

llangarica

• ---
Weekend Warrior TV mounting Ideas?
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:13:33 AM »
Not sure if this belongs here so move it if needed...

im looking for ideas to mount a flat screen TV into my Weekend Warrior FK2100 Toyhauler. i bought a Vizio 24" TV ( D24-21) and i already had the mount (Omnimount 75/100 CL).

I'm just wondering if anyone has installed a tv into the same or similar trailer as mine. if so how did you go about doing it? pics? thanks in advance. :)
2013 F150 FX4 5.0L
2007 Weekend Warrior FK2100

Bobtop46

• ---
    • Work Camper
Re: Weekend Warrior TV mounting Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »
Cover whatever hole you have with stained plywood and then use this mount.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I9131K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Beware this mount is very close to the wall, making connections can be difficult.
2007 Coachman Aurora 36FWS
2006 Mini Cooper S

wae

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 12:14:59 AM »
When I installed my flat panel, I wanted to be sure that I could gain access to the things behind where the former TV went, but I didn't want a hinge and latch system.  I used Z-clips (like these: https://www.amazon.com/EAM-375-2-Z-Clips-10-Pack/dp/B005UXIXWY/ref=pd_lpo_60_bs_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SKF7HESP0DSRPDBQNMSQ) that Dad had hanging around his cabinet shop.  I fastened a 4 inch wide piece of plywood to the back of the opening and then used a thicker bit of plywood on that piece to create a surface that was flush with the wall.  Then I put Z-clips on that and on a square of plywood that had the TV mount bolted to it.  Now I can remove the TV by lifting the backer board up but the interference fit is tight enough that it doesn't come loose or bang around while driving.  Later on, I want to put some z-clips on the side of the exterior of the coach so I can move the TV outside easily if I want to.
1993 Itasca Suncruiser 32RQ / Chevy 7.4

llangarica

• ---
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
i finally got around to mounting the TV in my trailer. i measured and checked around and this is the best way i could come up with. all i have to do is paint it, but thats gotta wiat till i get back from the desert next week. i like how it turned out, let me know what you guys think.
sorry about the crappy image quality. i was working off a headlamp since my batteries are in the garage on the trickle charger.
2013 F150 FX4 5.0L
2007 Weekend Warrior FK2100

Hosted by Over The Network