Weekend Warrior TV mounting Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

llangarica

Not sure if this belongs here so move it if needed...

im looking for ideas to mount a flat screen TV into my Weekend Warrior FK2100 Toyhauler. i bought a Vizio 24" TV ( D24-21) and i already had the mount (Omnimount 75/100 CL).

I'm just wondering if anyone has installed a tv into the same or similar trailer as mine. if so how did you go about doing it? pics? thanks in advance. :)

Cover whatever hole you have with stained plywood and then use this mount.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I9131K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Beware this mount is very close to the wall, making connections can be difficult.

Attachments

• RV tv bedroom.jpg
    RV tv bedroom.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 48
  • RV TV Front.jpg
    RV TV Front.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 34
When I installed my flat panel, I wanted to be sure that I could gain access to the things behind where the former TV went, but I didn't want a hinge and latch system.  I used Z-clips (like these: https://www.amazon.com/EAM-375-2-Z-Clips-10-Pack/dp/B005UXIXWY/ref=pd_lpo_60_bs_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SKF7HESP0DSRPDBQNMSQ) that Dad had hanging around his cabinet shop.  I fastened a 4 inch wide piece of plywood to the back of the opening and then used a thicker bit of plywood on that piece to create a surface that was flush with the wall.  Then I put Z-clips on that and on a square of plywood that had the TV mount bolted to it.  Now I can remove the TV by lifting the backer board up but the interference fit is tight enough that it doesn't come loose or bang around while driving.  Later on, I want to put some z-clips on the side of the exterior of the coach so I can move the TV outside easily if I want to.

i finally got around to mounting the TV in my trailer. i measured and checked around and this is the best way i could come up with. all i have to do is paint it, but thats gotta wiat till i get back from the desert next week. i like how it turned out, let me know what you guys think.
sorry about the crappy image quality. i was working off a headlamp since my batteries are in the garage on the trickle charger.

Attachments

• IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom