Coach Net or FMCA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordiegaffer

I had a bad experience with Bad Sam's with my Fifth Wheel i now have a 3006 Winnebago Sightseer 29 R and want to know if the 150 dollar difference between FMCA and Coach Net is worth the difference for road side assistance

Gordie Connelly

The FMCA program (through Saferide Motor Club) appears to be very comprehensive and competitively priced. I would give it a try.
https://www.fmca.com/benefits/fmca-roadassist.html

The actual service you may get depends heavily on where you have the breakdown. Regardless of who the insurer is, they all rely on local providers for the services. If there is limited help in the area, or there are a lot of calls that day, or if the local company gives shabby service, it's going to be a poor experience no matter what plan you subscribe to. It is very likely you will get the same local provider regardless, becasue they all have the same selection of local services to deal with.

We just signed with Safe Ride this week.  Can't comment on the service yet (and hope I am never able to) but, on paper, it looks good and is much less costly than Coach Net.

We have had Coachnet for about 4 years, we have never had to call for the motor home but have used numerous time for the cars all over north America always been helpful and quick.

I can't speak to any roadside assistance provider other than Coachnet.  However, over the past two years - I've had to call them four times (two tire issues - different trips, different tires) and two mechanical issues.  The services were provided in 4 different states.  The timeliness and the quality of Coachnet's service has been exceptional - enough so  that I wouldn't consider changing providers hoping to save a few bucks on price of membership.  They've earned my business every step of the way so far.    It's theirs to lose oat this point.  They'll have to screw something up before I'd consider changing.

I have "AAA Plus RV" and they have been the most responsive in comparison to experiences we have had with CoachNet, Allstate and Good Sam.

dpickard said:
I have "AAA Plus RV" and they have been the most responsive in comparison to experiences we have had with CoachNet, Allstate and Good Sam.
I just got done reading about AAA plus RV. According to their web site they only replace a tire on a RV with YOUR MOUNTED SPARE. The coach I'm buying doesn't have a mounted spare, never had one according to the PO. Coachnet only has one option for new members, but allows you to drop down after the first year. I tried to renew my membership, but it's been too long since I canceled, and have to start over. But it's still cheaper than a tow job on one of these things. I lost a transmission in my old Itasca a few years ago and the tow company wanted $450.00 for a 120 mile round trip tow. So that was a 60 mile loaded tow. I ended up pulling the trans where it was and took it home for the rebuild. Too old to do anything like that now.

FWIW. I went through that when I bought mine at the dealer and in the process of deciding, I called my insurance agent to get coverage started. He set me up with Progressive RV insurance and for a really low price I got RV roadside assistance from Progressive.  When I looked at what was covered and compared it to the others, it was a no brainer for me. See: https://www.progressive.com/rv/rv-insurance-coverages-roadside/  The Progressive was far less expensive, covered all the major bullet points, so I went with it. 

the good news for me is I haven't had to use it. The bad news for you is I can't tell you how good and/or responsive they are.  Marketing people can make a Shitzu look like a Police Dog.  But, you might check with your insurance company.  Maybe someone else on the forum has had experience with Insurance company roadside assistance and can tell you their experience.  Best of Luck.

I have found most Insurance Roadside assistance provisions to be basically similar to what AAA offers. Basically, they have arrangements to dispatch roadside assistance, and cover basic services. In fact many times the same outfits that service AAA members provide service for the insurance companies.
I've been a member of AAA for 30+ years, and have only ever had one bad experience with them. 

On paper, the Coachnet and Good SAM seem to offer the best services for the money, and AAA comes in a close third. Everybody else brings up the rear, usually because they depend greatly on what region you are in when you need service.

If you tow watercraft behind your MH, just know that AAA RV+ will leave it on the side of the road if you need a tow.  They won't touch watercraft or it's trailer.  Also in a different tow we found AAA RV+ will send drivers that bring their kids along, so you have to call a cab  :mad: 

We dumped AAA with their nanny lobbyist's and poor performance and went to Allstate (they cover watercraft).  Now we have GS with the RV purchase and we have already used it without any issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom