Four wheel drive MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went looking for pics of a 4x4 rv we saw last summer at the Grand Canyon and found this instead.  Is that an FMCA placard on the front?  #11!

Attachments

• crazy-50s-motorhome.jpg
    crazy-50s-motorhome.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 53
That kinda looks like the one I saw, but it had a van nose on it like an older Class C.

There I was, feeling good that I'd made it to Point Sublime in the Jeep, and in rolls one of these things.

Years ago Apollo made one called the "All Seasons" Not sure of the class. but it was a traditional Motor home, save for the fact that it wore 44" Tires, was 4 Wheel drive, could tow 8,000 pounds up hill on fresh plowed ground and was built to military specifications.

I think they made 3 or 4 of them, One civilian the rest military..

This was one motor home in which I might well recommend an OPTIMA battery (Any of you who've read my battery posts know I don't care for Optima due to the wasted space issue but on this ride.. Well you need a battery that can "Take a licking" as it were.. IE: Optima)

Quigley 4x4 has been converting things to 4wd for years. My dad was going to have his 2001 Jayco class C on an E450 chassis converted a few years ago (I think it was gonna cost around $12-$13K) but he bought a box van that already had the conversion on it for a few grand and he wants to swap all the stuff over to his motorhome himself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=quigley+4x4+motorhome&biw=1920&bih=946&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8t-SYw47SAhUBRmMKHU_qCS0Q_AUIdCgB#imgrc=_

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlm611
Back
Top Bottom