coach battery not charging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JUST E-MAILED Thor and requested a wiring sechematic. Thats good to know
Where is the power transfer switch you mentioned or a possible location

IRONHEAD said:
correction lights on after about 15-20 seconds but coach battery not charging
I assume this is also the result that you get when plugging into shore power, but without the delay....correct?

If you have interior lights when plugged in to shore power AND when generator is running, your transfer switch is operating correctly.

Does your BCC board look like the one attached?

Attachments

• fw221 bcc - Copy.jpg
    fw221 bcc - Copy.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 76
IRONHEAD said:
Yes exactly like the one the photo
Look at the photo.  That square white component in the lower left corner is the circuit breaker that connects the converter to the house batteries.  It is also the path that battery voltage must take back from the batteries to the DC distribution (fuse) panel.

Press that little black button on the end of that breaker and your problem should be solved.

Lou you are as smart as a show dog. (THAT's A COMPLIMENT) Pushed the button and the house/aux/coach/battery started to charge,amazing. I suspect you knew this all along.
I am going to put you on my Christmas card list.
I downloaded the schematic from THOR , I sure hope they don't build RV's with this diagram it is seriously lacking on information. The box which is called a battery controller that this switch is located in is not even shown . Another good thing to come out of this is that I found the slide out comtroller which I have been looking for is located on the ceiling of a left side compartment, who knew. Now I have to go find out why my awning stops working from time to time all on its own. THANKS A BUNCH GUYS.

Yep, Just Lou is a sharp cookie. I've learned a lot from him on here. Most I don't need right now, but still may come handy someday.

IRONHEAD said:
Lou you are as smart as a show dog. (THAT's A COMPLIMENT) Pushed the button and the house/aux/coach/battery started to charge,amazing. I suspect you knew this all along.
Unfortunately, I more closely resemble a "slow dog". ;)  Yes, I did suspect that CB from the beginning, I just didn't know exactly where it was located, because I didn't know which model of the BCC you have.  (So I learned something too).

Glad to be of help.
lou

Maybe his name should be changed from JustLou to FabulousLou ;D

@Ironhead and @Just Lou,

I've got this exact same issue. Can you tell me where the BCC Board is located within the RV? I've got a 2014 Ace by Thor 30.2. I'm assuming they would be in the same place. Thanks in Advance!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom