BLM Fees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john owens

Just came bck from a short stint in Quartzsite AZ.....Stopped at Kiosk to pay fees but alas they don't take plastic. This is la poloma Tyson wash CG. I inquired about the senior pass for 10 bucks. Lady said they don't get involved with all that. Told me the camp fees she collects stay in that building or immediate area for there own use. Wasn't sure what she meant but didn't press the subject. What do you guys think?

$10.00 is the typical fee in many BLM sites near Quatzsite, and I've always paid them with cash. A few miles south, toward an area known as KOFA, BLM sites are free for up to two weeks. (We'll be there later this week) I suspect it's because of dump-station and water-availability. There's neither near KOFA.

Kev

If you want the senior pass, go to the BLM office in town. As for the regular campground fees, I hope they do stay in the specific BLM management area, but I wouldn't count on it.

Kevin unfortunately the QZ fees have gone up twice in the past 11 years. It is now $40.00 for a two week stay and $180.00 for a 7 month season permit. We spent 7 nights there this year so it comes out to about $7.00/ night.

For some reason BLM does not accept the senior pass in QZ LTVAs. Maybe because 90% of the visitors wouldn't be paying any fees?  ::)

I've been going there for 11 years and the cost has always been $40 for 2 weeks or $180 for the season at the LTVAs. Dispersed camping is free with a 14 day maximum and then you must move 25 miles to another dispersed camping area. No BLM office in Quartzsite, it is in Yuma.

Work it out,, thats $2,86 per day if you stay the 14 days,, for unlimited water and dump and trash,,,,pretty good :)>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom