55 fitzjohn roadrunner. Only 1 of its kind. gunna need all the help I can get!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fitzjohn

Hello all, thought id introduce myself since ill probably be posting quite a bit in need of assistance. I just purchased a 1955 Fitzjohn Roadrunner FIG (with gas engine). Now as if that wasn't rare enough, this bus was actually converted into an rv by Fitzjohn at the time it was made. I don't have the full story yet but the guy has all the literature that came with it including hand drawn blueprints, service manuals, parts lists, owners manual, even the maintenance records!(all written in beautiful long hand). ill be getting it back here this week, so ill have more pictures then. I just wanted to get the ball rolling because im so excited. this thing is in crazy good condition and im in love!

Attachments

• fitzjohn.jpg
    fitzjohn.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 162
  • fitzjohn2.jpg
    fitzjohn2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 147
does anyone have experience with this motor? how hard are parts going to be to get? I cant find hardly any info on this particular model of engine...  any help?

Attachments

• oo1954_fitzjohn_roadrunner_.jpg
    oo1954_fitzjohn_roadrunner_.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 87
Waukesha 140-gks engine ?

the 140 part I think is important.....

Am I wrong?

without the gks... I got action. I guess im gunna be ok.

That is really a nice and interesting rig.  Please let us know what you do with it in your travels and vehicle remodels.  I'm a bit jealous.  Have fun.  ;D 8)

Oh yeah...I almost forgot.  More pictures would be nice too!

I recently acquired a 1955 roadrunner and also looking for info and possible interest in purchasing or trading another for mine, as my pockets have become shallow after almost dying keeping this bus as trying to repower it in Wisconsin during a harsh end of winter. And my previous coach was hit by a drunk driver while I was not in it, financially ruining me and leaving me homeless in the process.

Back
Top Bottom