So I'm thinking I may buy a toad in Arizona and a bit confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

decaturbob

We will be in Arizona for a couple months and there is lot better selection of potential toads than here in central illinois.  I;m confused with how to handle a car I may buy in arizona and drive around arizona before I get back to illinois. I suppose I can contact our SOS office and ask about doing registration and title stuff from arizona thru the mail

I got this from the Arizona Dept of Motor Vehicles FAQ page: "You can purchase a 90-Day Nonresident Registration for $15 from the MVD or any authorized third-party office.You will be required to show your out-of-state identification and the dealer invoice or assigned title."  I think you need to purchase the toad from a dealer to get the 90-dayt permit.  The way I read the FAQs, you can only get a 3-day permit if you buy from a non-dealer.  Here's a link to the FAQ page: http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/faq/vehicle-services

richardhufford said:
I got this from the Arizona Dept of Motor Vehicles FAQ page: "You can purchase a 90-Day Nonresident Registration for $15 from the MVD or any authorized third-party office.You will be required to show your out-of-state identification and the dealer invoice or assigned title."  I think you need to purchase the toad from a dealer to get the 90-dayt permit.  The way I read the FAQs, you can only get a 3-day permit if you buy from a non-dealer.  Here's a link to the FAQ page: http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/faq/vehicle-services

thanks a lot!!

That solves part one.  What kind of fit may Illinois throw if the car is not titled (and taxes paid) within 30 days??  Thankfully, I live 5 miles south of Illinois, and do not have to deal with it.

If Illinois is picky, and will allow a 3rd party to register the vehicle, I would be happy to help.

Several years ago we purchased a m/h in OK that I registered in Illinois by mailing the docs to our daughter with power of attorney to act in our behalf and having her register the vehicle.

We just traded toads in AZ and SD allows us to apply for title and register the car by mail for an extra  $20.00 fee.

I just purchased a Motorhome from a private seller in Tucson Az.  You can get a 90 day permit even if you buy from private.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom