Splendide drain hose location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corky

After fighting several issues with the Splendide combo in our ?05 Meridian the decision was made to remove it. So, I did my research, found a friend that had a good back and plunged into the task. The combo unit was located in the head, actually if it were a tv it would be perfect for the morning constitutional and catch the news.

When reviewing the removal process, it looked pretty straight forward, and relatively easy, but when you factor in the almost 200lb weight of the washer, access from only one side changes thing dramatically. It was discussed early on whether or not to remove the toilet, and in hindsight removal should have been the proper choice.

The problem now, is that after having to yank the drain hose out of the grey tank in a panic I have no idea how to plug that opening. I have looked as best I could for any hint of where the drain hose may have been routed but so fa no luck. I?m hoping someone may be able to shed some light as to how I can get to where the old hose was connected to the grey tank. I?m really hoping that I can do this from inside rather outside.

Thanks in advance.

Corky

Your Splendide has an economical operational life of about ten years. I had to replace a water valve in mine, then the control board went out (~$300), then it stopped drying again so I was done with it. Ordered a new one from Amazon about a year ago and did the swap myself.  Dear wife would not be without her Splendide. If it's not too late, you might reconsider your plan. I would imagine a washer/dryer would add some to resale value when it gets to be that time.

I'm not sure exactly what you did with the drain hose, you say you pulled it completely out of the gray tank? My Splendide is plumbed into the rear wall in a corner and its hose simply hangs on the wall and the hose is stuck in the drain opening. Your Winnebago plumbing diagrams should detail anything you want to know about its routing.

Dear wife is convinced the new Splendide is a better performer than its predecessor, I think it even has more capacity than the previous model.

Our Splendide's drain hose is exactly as John described - it just hangs on the wall behind the washer and lifts out of a larger drain pipe if you need to remove the washer. That drain pipe is up so high that I'm sure we'd see grey water coming up through the shower drain long before it would leak out of that pipe - if that's your concern.

Kev

Thanks guys

I swear that I looked several times for some hint as to where the drain hose may reside. Part of my problem is that the dryer vent hose was blocking the view for the piping that is used to vent the grey tank which also is used to drain the washer.
Yup move the dryer hose 1/16 of an inch and viola!

Thanks again

Corky

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom