RV Lot Ownership in Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

I've been studying lot ownership in Florida.

Wow.

Huge variety of prices and annual fees involved, a variety of ownership possibilities.

Of course I am hoping to stumble on the desperate type sale and find a bargain.

Anybody own a lot in Florida?

Tell me you pros and cons.

Thank you  very much!  ;D

I don't own a lot in Florida but I do live on a lot in an RV park. $360 per month. That comes with water, trash, sewer, yard maintenance, locked gate, two pools and a hot tub, clubhouse, park security. wifi, and a mail box. Electricity is about $50 per month. I can't imagine buying my own lot and getting all this stuff cheaper. I don't use the park wifi because I watch a lot of TV over the Internet and the signal is not very strong near me. I have Comcast Internet for $30 per month. Total is $440 per month. I think the park is beautiful and peaceful. I am very happy with my neighbors. Dead silent at night. At the club house there is books, games, jigsaw puzzles and a pool table. And I have a perfect view of the rocket launches at Kennedy.

They used to but it is not up and running any more. Now they have a Facebook page. It is called the Floridian and they are currently full but spots will open up as the snow birds leave in April. Lots of group activities too like dances, church services and potlucks. The park was sold last year and the new owners have been doing a lot of upgrades. Just this week they installed street signs. This is not a typical RV park with parallel rows and people crammed into small spaces. Most lots are fairly large. There is a very large grassy area, a boat dock, playground, basketball court, tennis courts and launch ramp. We are located right on a huge lake.

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.344485,-81.2344444,14.86z

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Floridian-RV-Resort/111466545560820

Thanks for the info, it does sound like a nice bargain.

I too need a large lot since I spend a lot of time outdoors and I have 14 windows I like to look out of too.  ;D

DearMissMermaid said:
Thanks for the info, it does sound like a nice bargain.

I too need a large lot since I spend a lot of time outdoors and I have 14 windows I like to look out of too.  ;D
Here is the lot I am moving to next month.

Attachments

• Lot L1.jpg
    Lot L1.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 80
  Are you looking for a permanent year-round lot, comparatively inexpensive year-round rental or seasonal rental lot?

SeilerBird said:
They used to but it is not up and running any more. Now they have a Facebook page. It is called the Floridian and they are currently full but spots will open up as the snow birds leave in April. Lots of group activities too like dances, church services and potlucks. The park was sold last year and the new owners have been doing a lot of upgrades. Just this week they installed street signs. This is not a typical RV park with parallel rows and people crammed into small spaces. Most lots are fairly large. There is a very large grassy area, a boat dock, playground, basketball court, tennis courts and launch ramp. We are located right on a huge lake.

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.344485,-81.2344444,14.86z

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Floridian-RV-Resort/111466545560820
Each time you post about it makes me wanna move there. Thats way less than I pay...and Im in a shithole state, crappy city and subpar neighbors. And you own your home!

OutdoorFT said:
Each time you post about it makes me wanna move there. Thats way less than I pay...and Im in a shithole state, crappy city and subpar neighbors.

Sounds as though you may live up the street from me!

We've been here http://www.wynnhavenriverside.com/index2.html for two months and like it a lot.

The park is a mix of fairly randomly-sited mobile homes and RVs on large lots not all lined up together; the owners told us that as the mobile homes go away the lots will be converted to RV lots. The entire park is very well-maintained. This winter we've been running the a/c; it definitely can freeze here but that's not common. There's plenty of room for picnic tables, screen rooms etc.

Disadvantages are that there's all-day car noise from the county road out front, with very few trucks or motorcycles and no loud crotch rockets. The car noise to us just recedes in the background sorta like surf, but it is desirable to be to the back of the park away from the road. On the other hand the park itself is very quiet and peaceful.
  The wifi is mostly non-functioning. For Verizon you'll need an external antenna or booster. Wired connections are possible but I don't know anything about it.
  There's really no place to ride a bike; although the roads are hard tar/gravel there's no place to go. Conversely it's a doggie-walking fiesta but don't let your doggie run free lest he become gator food.
  The nearest civilization is seven miles away in Bushnell. Actually there's a quik-rip, cafe and gas station a couple of miles away in Floral City but that's all.

And now for the best part; the yearly-lease rate is $280/mo plus electric while the seasonal winter-time rate is only $325 plus electric. We've been in seasonal and long-term commitments for the last several years and we've learned that they're not for us so we're doing two to three months stints max.

OutdoorFT said:
Each time you post about it makes me wanna move there. Thats way less than I pay...and Im in a shithole state, crappy city and subpar neighbors. And you own your home!

Well what is stopping you? The economy is booming here. Osceola is in the ten fastest growing counties in the country, the weather is fabulous here (81 right now) and the people are extremely friendly. Southern hospitality is very real. Plus you got Disney World 25 miles to the west and the Kennedy Space Center 40 miles to the east. Fabulous beaches in all directions and the world's highest concentration of loony people. :eek:

The park sounds quite good. Why not pay SeilerBird a visit and get a first hand look. Also look at trip advisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34601-d3824495-Reviews-Floridian_RV_Resort-Saint_Cloud_Florida.html

judway said:
The park sounds quite good. Why not pay SeilerBird a visit and get a first hand look. Also look at trip advisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34601-d3824495-Reviews-Floridian_RV_Resort-Saint_Cloud_Florida.html
Because not only is my park full but most of the parks in the area is full. Orlando is the number one tourist destination in the country with 60 million visitors a year. NYC gets 55 mill and Vegas gets 40 mill.

judway said:

Seriously?

SeilerBird said:
Well what is stopping you? The economy is booming here. Osceola is in the ten fastest growing counties in the country, the weather is fabulous here (81 right now) and the people are extremely friendly. Southern hospitality is very real. Plus you got Disney World 25 miles to the west and the Kennedy Space Center 40 miles to the east. Fabulous beaches in all directions and the world's highest concentration of loony people. :eek:
Honestly?

The unknown, partially money. I keep wasting it on hobbies and not my future. Us damn kids arent responsible.

johnhicks said:
  We've been here http://www.wynnhavenriverside.com/index2.html for two months and like it a lot.

The park is a mix of fairly randomly-sited mobile homes and RVs on large lots not all lined up together; the owners told us that as the mobile homes go away the lots will be converted to RV lots. The entire park is very well-maintained. This winter we've been running the a/c; it definitely can freeze here but that's not common. There's plenty of room for picnic tables, screen rooms etc.

Disadvantages are that there's all-day car noise from the county road out front, with very few trucks or motorcycles and no loud crotch rockets. The car noise to us just recedes in the background sorta like surf, but it is desirable to be to the back of the park away from the road. On the other hand the park itself is very quiet and peaceful.
  The wifi is mostly non-functioning. For Verizon you'll need an external antenna or booster. Wired connections are possible but I don't know anything about it.
  There's really no place to ride a bike; although the roads are hard tar/gravel there's no place to go. Conversely it's a doggie-walking fiesta but don't let your doggie run free lest he become gator food.
  The nearest civilization is seven miles away in Bushnell. Actually there's a quik-rip, cafe and gas station a couple of miles away in Floral City but that's all.

And now for the best part; the yearly-lease rate is $280/mo plus electric while the seasonal winter-time rate is only $325 plus electric. We've been in seasonal and long-term commitments for the last several years and we've learned that they're not for us so we're doing two to three months stints max.

SOunds ideal... until I get to the bike riding part. I seriously need to ride my bike 5-6 days a week for health reasons.  :eek:

THanks for the info, I make notes of all options.

Back
Top Bottom