New Verizon Unlimited Data Offering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Verizon is starting to feel the pinch of competing unlimited data plans with their new unlimited plan. For just one or two phone it doesn't offer big savings but does allow far more usage. With a Chromecast or Firestick for streaming video (No Limits) I would not have any problems with their throttling.

All four of the major carriers now offer 'unlimited' service. Of course none of them really offer unlimited service, they are just playing games and telling lies to win your money. I have a one gig a month service from MetroPCS and get along just fine.

I have Verizon 10gig plan and very rarely go over, when I do its only $15 per gig. I checked and my bill would go up about $50 a month. No thanks

We have a 3G air card with unlimited data.  Pay $60.00 a month.  Use it maybe 4 months each year.  So in realty, $180.00 a month for actual usage.  And after heavy usage, the service goes down hill fast.  Still, I can't convince the DW to give it up.  She likes her Netflix.  So I'm wondering if maybe one or two smart phones with unlimited would make more sense.  We currently pay about $170.00 for one smart phone with a gig of data, my not so smart flip phone and the air card.  Seems like two smart phones with unlimited makes sense. 

we have 3 iphones on verision---we switched from sprint to verision and went 3 days over our contract w/sprint--now sprint wants $132 for the 3 days use---sounds political to me

I was in the local Verizon store Monday morning - first day of the new unlimited plan. I wanted to make sure that I could still get a "add on" data plan when I upgrade SJ to a smartphone. I took half an hour and a manger to confirm that an add on plan was still available.

While I was there they tried to get me to switch to the new unlimited plan and give up my old plan. I asked them to confirm the the throttling was at 22GB per LINE not per account and if the Hotspot limit of 10GB was per line or per account. They were not 100 percent sure. Advertising seems to say the throttling is per line, but the website isn't clear. I also asked if the was an upgrade to the Hotspot to get rid of the 10GB limit. They didn't see an upgrade available.

I'll be back at the store next week when I activate the new phone and I see if they can answer my questions then.

ken

Ken, I'm pretty sure I read something suggesting they'd be throttling the lines based on individual usage in excess of a certain amount but it would also be dependent on general usage in the area.  I'd like to know whether or not the cut off was per line or per account as well. 

Gary

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom