Converting two twin beds to a queen.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canuckrv

My wife and I just bought our 3rd motorhome a Tripple E Regency C class. We love the layout of the front but the bedroom has twin beds, we would like to convert these to a double or a queen.
We would like to hear from others who have done this for some tips and pictures for design ideas.
Thanks

Our class B has multiple configurations - dinette and sofa, dinette and 1 twin, 2 twins, 1 queenish (72" x 72").  We do not like the queenish configuration because it is difficult to get out of bed in the middle of the night when you need to pee.  That's something to think about as you get older!

What is currently under the beds?  If you have stuff there you need access to or can't block off (like converter/charger), that may limit your options.  Otherwise, I suspect you could get a heft piece of marine grade plywood and go for it!

Honestly, it really depends on your design and if you have anything in front of the twin beds. My wife and I altered our queen bed and expanded it into a king with minor renovations. We have an Okanagan Rv.

Edit - removed advertising

While I have not converted two twins to a queen, I did have to completely disassemble the queen bed and nightstands in our prior TT to repair some water damage. The construction is remarkably simple. If you slowly start taking things apart, you will probably find you can remove the existing twin bed framing and build new framing for the queen bed. Just be sure to use screws of the same length into the floor, walls, etc.

Way way back we had a TT with a two twins.  Bought a piece of foam, covered it and by placing a piece of plywood over the crack made a king bed.  I see no reason you could not take one bed out down to the floor, make a platform and put a new queen or even a king mattress in.  Take some carpentery skills.  Heck use the face from the old twin you take out to cover your new frame.  Could look just like it came from the factory.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom