EPDM Coatings
Airlift Company rvupgradestore.com ARPC LLC Composet Products Roadswap PO Box Zone

Author Topic: Coachmen Mirada Owners  (Read 422 times)

campinking

Coachmen Mirada Owners
« on: February 15, 2017, 06:47:46 AM »
Hello everyone I am looking at purchasing the 2018 Mirada 31fw.  Any thoughts or concerns about Coachmen Mirada would be appreciated.  Thanks!

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Re: Coachmen Mirada Owners
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 08:51:53 AM »
Coachmen is a decent RV but what I was wondering is if this is your first RV.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Circle B Bar Reserve photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/2wKdzvdrvqY8GMKJ9
2016 photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/aXQPbnVpgzNvs4Jq8
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

Gary RVer Emeritus

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Home is Ocala-Silver Springs FL
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 09:12:02 AM »
The Mirada competes at the low price end of the motorhome market. It's probably as good as others in its price class, but be aware that at that level you don't get the best quality cabinetry, upholstery, flooring, etc.  I would move up a bit in price if the budget permits, or look at used models in a better grade.

Purchasing a motorhome is more like buying a house than a car, so the "previously-owned" market should be given strong consideration. Depreciation on motorhomes is high, so you get a lot more for your money that way.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

camperAL

• ---
  • Back Into RV'ing
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 11:20:10 AM »
Greetings Campinking,

Welcome to the RV Forum! I'm a Coachmen Mirada owner. I have limited experience but will comment. First my coach is some 12 years older than what your are looking at, so really hard to compare. I'll say that we have enjoyed our coach and so far it has been a good coach. As Gary said it is an entry level and some items are not as high of quality as I would like them. I am wanting to work on our dinette table as the edge trim has come unglued an need to be repair. I have 37,000 miles on the coach.

The couch, dinette seats seem of reasonably good quality and is wearing well. Blinds for the window we like. Front pull around curtains may need addressed sooner or later. Driver and co-pilot seats are comfortable. Cabinets seem to be well made and functional. Plenty of storage inside and out. Coach handles well on the road, even with a tow car. We don't like the manual awning. Gas mileage is about 8 or 9 miles per gallon with out tow, with tow is 7.5. I use the back up camera to help with driving. We like the bathroom, sink and shower. House batteries are conveniently located under entry stairs. Coach has a good look outside.

Generally we are happy with the coach and it seem to be what we were after when we were shopping. What we like and what others like may be different so do your research carefully! Good luck!

CamperAL (Indiana)
(2006 Coachmen Mirada 290 KS )

Bobtop46

• ---
    • Work Camper
2007 Coachman Aurora 36FWS
2006 Mini Cooper S

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 01:01:42 PM »
    We had our Catalina for a dozen years, and while I do agree that it was not the highest in some finishes, the problems we encountered were not trim problems, we had to replace a CAC, and got a bad batch of diesel that ruined the fuel pump.  Yes we had to glue a couple of cabinet doors, then clamp them, but that was a 15 minute job.  We bought it with 15,000 miles on it and sold it with 65,000.  We wintered in it every year, as well as several cross country trips.  We do not regret having bought the Coachmen as opposed to having bought an older more expensive brand, it was in like new condition when we bought it, and it was in almost similar condition when we sold it.
    However, don't forget sometime after the last economic downturn it was taken over by the Forest River Group, so I have no idea what effect that has had on the brand.

Ed

Ed & Donna
Winter-Pinellas Park FL, Summer- Maritime Canada
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP (owned 2004 to 2015)
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

campinking

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 08:36:46 PM »
I sold my 2000 class C motorhome after 16 years and bought a travel trailer and just sold it after using only a few times. We didn't care for it. Looking at the Mirada and the Windsport / Hurricane, leaning toward the Mirada. I did look at the used ones but they are not that much cheaper unless you buy one over 5 years old and that is not for me.  Some mentioned moving up to a better coach. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all your suggestions, keep them coming.

Gary RVer Emeritus

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Home is Ocala-Silver Springs FL
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 09:18:31 AM »
If 5 years of age is your cutoff, I would consider these:  Winnie Adventurer or Vista, FR Georgetown, HR Vacationer, Newmar Baystar, Thor Challenger, Fleetwood Bounder & Southwind, etc. They will all cost more, though. The MSRP is a pretty good quality guide for rigs with equivalent equipment. RVs are extremely price competitive, so a cheaper model has always had some corners cut somewhere. The only question is whether that "somewhere" is something you care about. It's often under the covers somewhere, or in the materials used, and in fit & finish.

There is nothing wrong with the brands you are looking at - I just wanted to be sure you realize you are looking at the lower end rather than the high, and that the differences are not just amenities..
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Markhays3

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »
I have a 2017 Mirada 35BH. I have put on about 7000 miles last July to November. Runs great, little to no sway when trucks pass you at 70 miles an hour. Minor issues from vibration, had the kitchen light fall but just added some anchors and back in action. We love it so far. Hope to see you on the road.

Walte1fr

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 03:12:06 PM »
We were looking at the Miranda 35BH but I think we are going with the Georgetown 364TS or 36B5. I don't want to take off the OP but I have a post asking for advice on pricing.
Thanks. Good luck on the new RV

Hosted by Over The Network