07 Georgetown 378TS drivers door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwc55

Hello Folks
Just picked up a used but well looked after Georgetown 378TS. It will be replacing the Vectra, which has served us well. Both coaches have a drivers door, but the Georgetown is almost unusable due to the height of the first step. is there another step available that can be bolted on to the side of the coach. I just can't seem to lift my leg up 3 feet to get in LOL.
Cheers
Jim

I've seen such add-on steps, but their design and method of attachment depends heavily on the individual RV. Often there simply isn't much behind the sidewall to attach anything to, or at least not anything that has to handle a couple hundred lbs of weight. For that reason, you won't find any generic products like that in RV stores.

You will need to take a closer look at what structure is in that area - you can't just bolt or screw a step into the fiberglass and expect it to stay there long. If there is something there, you could perhaps use a metal step plate such as is made for boats and vans, but you might need a hand "grab bar" as well.

Thanks for the reply Gary. It does have a grab handle but it is quite a stretch to get your foot up into the one and only recess. I guess you could start by trying to get a foothold on the front wheel or tire but i'd rather not do that. I will have a good look once we start getting some decent spring like weather. It just seems like Forest River forgot to install something.
Jim

;)  ;)  Get a small stool and a rope.  Put the stool in place, get in, then pull the stool up with the rope  ;D

Sorry, Could not resist!  ;D

grashley said:
;)  ;)  Get a small stool and a rope.  Put the stool in place, get in, then pull the stool up with the rope  ;D

Sorry, Could not resist!  ;D
Hahaha....I like that idea...what size rope?

I actually had a kickstand pad for my Harley set up like that.  A foot shaped metal pad about 5" square with a bit of  rope tied to it.  Drop it on the ground and set the bike on it.  When leaving, mount the bike and then retrieve the pad.  Worked well.  Clothesline would probably be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom