EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com ARPC LLC Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Camping in LA  (Read 423 times)

masdrobeda

• ---
Camping in LA
« on: February 16, 2017, 03:33:07 PM »
Does anybody know a good RV lot for a long term as close as possible to LA downtown ? I am looking to be there all year round for a few years. I am going to be using either a 33 footer TT or 37 footer motor home.

I am also looking for a place with electricity hookup, water and sewer if possible

Let me know please !

Thank you

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Camping in LA
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 03:57:42 PM »
LA really isn't very RV friendly.  There's nothing I know of near downtown, the closest RV parks that accept long term tenants are in the San Fernando Valley.  Balboa RV Park is west of the Van Nuys airport and Walnut RV Park in Northridge.   Monthly rates run about $1000-1200 per month.

whiteva

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:23:20 PM »
Is that Lower Alabama?
2008 Winnie 29TR, Class C
Me: RETIRED: Aerobatic flight instructor, RE Broker, EE,-
DW, Nan, works Finance for RV dealer. Travel short distances pulling 77' MGB on dolly.
 If not in the RV we are on the Sea Ray, with Redhead Ruby the dog and Shadeaux the black cat. Stop by for coffee or beverage

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »
You could East Shore RV Park in San Dimas (at I-10 and 57). We like this park and find it easier to get to downtown than from the valley. It is a county park but is mostly long term.
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Steve N Dee

• ---
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 09:33:38 PM »
I live in L.A. and I would second Ken & Sheila's recommendation for East Shore RV Park.  It is much nicer than the one's near me in the San Fernando Valley.  I do not know their long term rates, but I would check them out.  There is now even a light rail line that is relatively close that connects to downtown.  Keeps you off the freeways  :)

Steve
Steve & Dee - Racing towards retirement
Fritz & DJ, (the boys)
2005 Winnebago Journey 34H Diesel Pusher
2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD Toad
Burbank, CA

On time.....is when we get there

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 09:40:35 PM »
East Shore monthly rates are $805 to $1060 for 2 people.

see:
http://www.eastshorervpark.com/rates

Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 07:14:32 AM »
If the RV will be sitting still for the whole three years, I would recommend going with the travel trailer or even a fifth wheel over the motorhome. Sitting still for long periods of time kills motorhomes.
2016 Leprechaun 319DS

masdrobeda

• ---
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »
Thanks all for the input. I will be checking on your recommendations

masdrobeda

• ---
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 07:50:30 AM »
If the RV will be sitting still for the whole three years, I would recommend going with the travel trailer or even a fifth wheel over the motorhome. Sitting still for long periods of time kills motorhomes.

Yes but Its not going to be standing still for the whole 3 years. I will probably go for a week travel once or twice a year. Also, for me in order to get a TT I need first to trade in my car for a truck, then buy the TT. I am not sure how the banks will react to both buys within a month of so

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 09:31:50 AM »
I'd get the trailer first, or at least decide which trailer I would get, then get a truck that's suitable to pull it. Too often folks have or get a truck, then pick out a trailer that the truck can't handle. That leads to either compromising on the trailer they want, or having to trade the truck again (usually at a loss), or towing a trailer they shouldn't be towing.
2016 Leprechaun 319DS

henkelphoto

• ---
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 09:49:41 AM »
If you are going to be working downtown in Los Angeles (especially a 9-5 job), be aware that a normal commute from San Dimas will run about 45 minutes to one hour on a good day. On a bad day, the commute could be as long as 2 1/2 hours. I have never used the light rail, but that would be faster. The only problem with that is getting around downtown once you get there.
Dodge Ram 1500
Keystone Hideout 177lhs

masdrobeda

• ---
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 12:31:38 PM »
I'd get the trailer first, or at least decide which trailer I would get, then get a truck that's suitable to pull it. Too often folks have or get a truck, then pick out a trailer that the truck can't handle. That leads to either compromising on the trailer they want, or having to trade the truck again (usually at a loss), or towing a trailer they shouldn't be towing.

I agree. I already did research and I am going with a 3/4 ton truck and a about 8-9K GW trailer.

Hosted by Over The Network