Similar to Day Cruiser but not lux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techman327409

In my situation, for the next few years anyway, my wife and I will be travelling a lot, but not camping much. We use a fair number of roads where rest stops are infrequent. I've tried an older used Class C and we both felt it was great, but it is overkill for us right now. For me, it is the size that is a turn off. Even the smaller Class C was difficult to park anywhere near our kid's homes. Great on the highway and what few times we camped in appropriate places. Not good for most of our destinations.

I have looked at Class B, but for what we want to do it is still a lot of money for essentially day tripping. I did see the Midwest Automotive Day Cruiser and thought that would be perfect for what we need. Except we don't need all of that luxury. A good van with a toilet and storage would be great for us. I've considered the DIY route but I don't feel I am up to that right now.

Any one have any recommendations or advice? I'm not necessarily looking for cheap. The low end of the Class B is not out of range monetarily. It is just a bit overkill and seems like not a good value for us if we're only going to use part of the capability. I don't mind paying a fair price for what I get, up to near the price of recent Class C or B if I could find something more suitable for us.

Thanks,

You can't beat a B class for that type of driving. They are great to drive while the other naps or stretches out and watches movies. the microwave and fridge come in very handy not to count out the bathroom. Even if you don't camp but stay at hotels for the night or just do long day trips a B class is perfect. If you're a DIY guy you can find an older one with low miles that runs good and in pretty good shape cheap that needs minimum superficial work. Great for kids too.

Back
Top Bottom