Couer d'Alene campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

Planning a western loop trip that should have us through Couer d'Alene for a couple nights in late June. I made a note about Blackwell Island RV Park from something I read somewhere - anyone have thoughts on there or others in the area? Thx

A short,easy 20 mile run north to Farragut State Park is worth it.  Nice campground
located at the site of a WW2 Navy Training center. The original brig is now a museum.
Lots of history in a pleasant surrounding. Even an active U.S. Navy submarine base.

Yeah, lots of good camping up there, although many campgrounds are closed in the winter. I have several family members up there and we boondock at a place called Devil's Elbow.

Kev

mypursuit said:
A short,easy 20 mile run north to Farragut State Park is worth it.  Nice campground
located at the site of a WW2 Navy Training center. The original brig is now a museum.
Lots of history in a pleasant surrounding. Even an active U.S. Navy submarine base.

Plus 1 on that! Also if you are into thrill rides, Silverwood theme park is between Coeur d'Alene and Farragut.  Farragut also has fat tire bike trails, swimming and hiking trails as well . Fishing on Lake Pend Oreille, and also some zip line tours in the area.

'Even an active U.S. Navy submarine base.' Really???  ;D That does strike me as odd. It is a beautiful area.

'Even an active U.S. Navy submarine base.' Really???  ;D That does strike me as odd. It is a beautiful area.

Yes, really but sort of misleading.  Actually in the town of Bayview.  Very small and
mostly civilian (all?). They do deep water sonar testing in Lake Pend 'Oreille. 

Sun2Retire said:
Planning a western loop trip that should have us through Couer d'Alene for a couple nights in late June. I made a note about Blackwell Island RV Park from something I read somewhere - anyone have thoughts on there or others in the area? Thx

We've stayed at Blackwell's several times and have enjoyed it.  It's fun to watch the boats on the river and you're close to all the shops in-town.  Sure the price is higher than some others, but as always it's--location, location, location!

Bayview is an awesome little town.  My sister lives there and we are buying land to retire there in a few years.  Don't forget to drive to Sandpoint for fun as well. It is about 30 minutes north on SR 95.  Pend Oreille lake is very deep at the south end,  I think it is around 1,400 feet, cold too. Lots of sail boats and fishing boats as well.  The Navy is doing acoustical research on propellers, and have at least 2 small submarines on the lake.  ;)

Nick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom